“Probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever had!”

Maranui Surf Lifesaving Cafe
Ranked #16 of 916 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever had!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed with friends in Lyall Bay and were brought here for breakfast one day. And came back for the following 3 mornings! This is the best breakfast ever. Cool surroundings. Great staff. Kid friendly. Great sun deck overlooking the beach. And most importantly - the food is excellent. And very reasonably priced too. Was always very busy and just about able to get a table each day.

auckland
“Great vista and food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This café is great! It has great views and great food! The stairs might be a bit challenging though if you aren't very mobile. Friendly staff! Lots of retro memorabilia. I'm going to put this café on must visit any time I'm in Welly!

• Visited September 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Vibrant Cafe style lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had our first meal at this restaurant yesterday and absolutely loved it!
The restaurant occupies the first floor of the old SLSC up a flight of narrow stairs. We had superb casual cafe style lunch, while enjoying the view over Lyall Bay out across the Wellington Heads. The menu was short, but this is a good thing as it improves quality and service. We tried the Falafel, the Tortilla with fish and the Risoni with fish and all were excellent. Very fresh ingredients, well constructed with great flavour combinations. The drinks menu was short but sufficient and of good quality. We finished with a passionfruit slice, lemon cupcake with coconut icing and good coffee. All very tasty and fresh!!
The staff were busy, but we were well looked after and service was quick and competent.
The brisk southerly wind stopped any thought of dining on the balcony, but it was still great as a viewing platform.
We'll definitely be back, I really want to try their breakfasts which looked very interesting!

• Visited February 2014
“Coming from Australia Top have breakfast (Twice)”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Each time I arrive in Wellington from Australia I go here for Breakfast.
I'm not a breakfast person but the food is awesome, It got a awesome view, to go with the awesome food.
It definitely a place I keep coming back to when I'm in Wellington.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome place”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been going to Maranui for a long time....many years. Great place with a super view, great food, great staff.
The food is all fresh and the menu is lovely, the staff are very nice and friendly.
If you have kids like I do they will love the place and the children's menu is really good. Great milkshakes
It can be loud and busy
Try to avoid peak times on the weekends as you probably will end up waiting for ages for a table.
Enjoy!!
If your visiting Wellington then it is really worth the visit.