“I'll be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maranui Surf Lifesaving Cafe

Maranui Surf Lifesaving Cafe
Ranked #12 of 904 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Auckland, New Zealand
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went in to Maranui Cafe for brunch on a Sunday so it was very busy, but we were seated after a short wait.
The table had an awesome view over the bay around to the airport.
The food and service were both amazing, well worth the wait!
I will be back for sure!

Visited August 2013

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“K&K Farmer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Cant fault the place. Would return in a heart beat. Excellent location, excellent range of options for breakfast and brunch (we went for brunch) food is fresh, excellent quality and well presented. Portion sizes are generous. Service is efficient and friendly. Overlooking the surf break at Lyall Bay is a great way to have a relaxing coffee and start the day. This is a very popular eatery and its easy to see why. Yummy :)

Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food fab as usual. Bit of a hiccup with my order today very unusual rectified in an instance. Can't fault this cafe. Wellington's so lucky to have you. Keep up the great work.:)

• Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Stunning views, awesome atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This cafe is very, very popular and for good reason... it's in an excellent location with views over Lyall Bay, great vibe and serves good food and drinks. My favourite is the scrambled eggs on toast and chocolate milkshake, just the ticket for a mid bike ride stop. Just be prepared to queue up to get a table, but it's worth the wait.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auckland, New Zealand
“Well worth the drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited first week of July school holidays. Had hired car for the last day of our trip and this was 1st on my "must visit" list. Based on reviews I was prepared for a wait & had already fed kids elsewhere in anticipation. But for once our timing was perfect & I was delighted to find we were able to walk right in & take our pick of good tables for our group of 5. (This was around 10.30 on a quite cold & overcast Thursday). Service was prompt and friendly, especially from the girl who delivered my flat white which she said was "made with love", indicating the heart shape sculpted into the crema - so cute! I ordered the breakfast burrito which was fresh, tasty & just the right size. Husband had the scrambled eggs which were also very good. Cabinet food also looked delicious. We both enjoyed our coffees & everyone enjoyed the funky surrounds, lovely view & relaxed vibe. Felt like I could be sitting in a café on the Sunshine Coast (if you ignored the lack of sun, surf & sand, lol!) At my behest, we visited a number of cafes & restaurants on this Wellington trip. Husband is usually a willing but passive participant in my foodie outings, but this is the one place that he keeps bringing up when people ask about our trip. Thoroughly recommend you take a trip out here on your next visit to the capital. (BTW, looked like it would be fairly easy to get here by bus, and saw that the well-rated Elements café is a 5 minute walk away, if wait here was too prohibitive.)

• Visited July 2013