“Worth it even tho hard to find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Worth it even tho hard to find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Great coffee and only $3.50 each. A bargain in NZ! This is our local Mon-Fri haunt. We come for breakfast, morning tea AND lunch ... Sometimes all on the same day! (Ngah, not really all on the same day!) Yum - highly recommend

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome coffee, best cheese scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! It's been our regular for our morning fix for a number of years now. The owners are fabulous and friendly, and employ great staff who get to know your name which is always nice. The coffee is spot on and the queue for the cheese scones has to be seen to be believed! It's hard to find being tucked into an office block corner but worth it! And great prices too.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Give this place a chance - I love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

As a Wellingtonian, my morning (and afternoon coffees) are super important to me. Imagine my distress then when my work moved to a new office. I had to sample all of the average cafés in the area before I finally stumbled upon my new local, Legato.

The coffee is delicious (remember I'm a coffee snob!) Supreme beans. AND it's got to be the cheapest in town. $4.30 for a large takeaway trim flat white. Yesss please.

I'm sorry that previous reviewers haven't enjoyed their food. My colleagues and I all think the food is awesome. My new favourite is their porridge with a big black doris plum, brown sugar & milk (price $4.50, yes $4.50!) The cabinet food is delicious, especially the cheese scones and frittatas. And I really enjoyed the chowder I had last Thursday.

The service is also top notch. They are friendly and what, oh my life, they actually smile and are polite! I enjoy my chats with the lovely Samoan barista.

The place inside is lovely though it doesn't look that great from outside. But hey don't judge a book by its cover.

I'm a total convert to Legato! A well kept secret, though judging by the crowds at morning tea and lunch time perhaps I was just slow to catch on :) A+++

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Seriously?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went there for lunch and ordered the mussel, leek and bacon chowder. The bread was really nice and the small pieces of bacon but when I realized that the beards of the mussels weren't removed, I couldn't believe it. I took it back and the person behind the counter looked surprised, said a quick sorry and that was it. No refund or how he couldn't correct the situation. Won't be returning that is for sure.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wellington, New Zealand
“Terrible, slow service and lack of customer relations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch here, a great location and a nice spacious cafe. However, one of our meals took so long to warm up in the microwave, I had finished my meal by the time it was finally brought out. This was despite a trip to the counter during the wait time, to see what the hold-up was. When the fritatta was finally brought out, it was so hot it burnt my husband's mouth and the lateness of service meant he was late for an important business meeting. I made my displeasure known in no uncertain terms, but no one came to discuss our complaints with us, the waitress just walked off. In the end, I left a note on the table, something I've never done before. Their attitude is shocking and we definitely won't be returning. The food's very average, anyway.

• Visited February 2013