“Great Ambience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hummingbird Eatery & Bar

Hummingbird Eatery & Bar
Ranked #20 of 904 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hummingbird is a multi-award winning eatery and bar founded in 2000. It was fully refurbished in 2012, with an increased focus on serving delicious, unpretentious, sensibly priced food and world class cocktails. Open 7 days from 3pm until late for dinner, drinks, cocktails and good times.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

I decided to book this restaurant as a surprise for my partners birthday. We got a table at the window. The service was prompt and friendly. The ambience of the place was great. We decided to order a mixture of plates. The fish fingers were delicious and my partner enjoyed the seafood chowder also. My steak was cooked perfectly, but unfortunately it arrived rather cool. I decided not to return it because I was rather hungry. This was a mistake because after about four mouthfuls it was cold.
Overall the evening was fine.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Wellington, New Zealand
“Wellington on a plate menu- fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

So impressed with the experience tonight at Hummingbird. Awesome staff, great atmosphere, and the most incredible food. We had their Wellington on a plate menu, and I will definitely be back to try what else they have to offer!

Visited August 2014
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Great Atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

A friend and I recently visited Hummingbird and had a snack to eat. The food was lovely and just wish we had been hungrier to enjoy more. The atmosphere in the place was fabulous and the service was awesome. Will definitely go back - hopfully when I am hungrier!!

• Visited August 2014
Paris, France
“Generous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I love this restaurant! The food is awesome, the waiters are very friendly and professional. I loved the decor and the atmosphere. I've been there twice so far and I highly recommend it!

Visited August 2014
“Succulent Dishes, Superb Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

A restaurant with a reputation like Hummingbird cant be turned down, I dined here with family members, a dish to please everyone and an experience to never be forgotten. From being hosted at the door and given the drinks menu at the table, we knew this was going to be something to write home about.

Exquisite cocktails and wine which was matched with every course by the staff, these guys have this down to a fine art. The chef takes great care to combine taste and texture with every dish, locally sourced produce and a rustic setting all came together to give us one of the best meals we have had in Wellington for a long time.

Thanks guys, we will be back!!

• Visited July 2014