“Lacks HUM”

Hummingbird Eatery & Bar
Ranked #19 of 972 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hummingbird is a multi-award winning eatery and bar founded in 2000. It was fully refurbished in 2012, with an increased focus on serving delicious, unpretentious, sensibly priced food and world class cocktails. Open 7 days from 3pm until late for dinner, drinks, cocktails and good times.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great location fabulous look and interior, but lacked soul. The wait staff were bored and disconnected, the food was tasty enough, but nothing you couldn't get in a good pub. The hummingbird looks like it should be stylish and a bit cutting edge, but it just doesn't really buzz? Could be tempted to give it another go but there are lots of better options.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We visited the Hummingbird as recommended by our Frommer's "Day-by-Day Guidebook to New Zealand" The staff were wonderful - we had some nice laughs with them; cocktails were yummy. We shared one of the larger plates and it was great. As a "pescatarian," I found the menu a little limiting and so decided to go for the chicken meal with my hubby (it was our vacation honeymoon, afterall). Overall, a positive, fun experience.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our favourite restaurant in Wellington! Fabulous staff are friendly and well informed in both the menu and winelist suggestions. An interesting menu making the most of local produce. Cap off your meal with the Hendrick's high tea, you won't regret it.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had one night in Wellington, so researched where I might eat beforehand. Of the three on my shortlist, Hummingbird was the last that I poked my nose in and read the menu. I stayed. There is a distinct atmosphere about this place, the music really lends itself to that, not obtrusive, but, for me, very enjoyable.

The style of service is very chatty, and I was helped to try something new to me. I have to say it was one of my best eating experiences on my trip.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Hummingbird definitely left a good impression on me. The food was superb, so beautiful and high quality, i have been raving about it ever since i had it almost a year ago. The wait staff were lovely and provided me and my family with everything we requested and needed. I am planning to go back very soon.