“frequented by locals..not just tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Floriditas

Floriditas
Ranked #26 of 911 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
perth
“frequented by locals..not just tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

casual, relaxed, subtle background music...masked by the conversation throughout the place. the scrambled eggs on bruschetta were the best i've ever had ! washed down with a bowl (think french"bol") of trim flat white. dragged my husband there the next day and he was more than happy with his eggs and crispy bacon . pity we discovered it at the end of our stay. the cupcakes looked fab too, but we were stuffed by the time we'd eaten.

• Visited January 2013

Dunedin, New Zealand
“great brunch, central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I called in here for brunch one morning, on a visit to Wellington, and was able to be seated straight away. The service was great. There was a good range of things on the menu, I ended up going for the porridge with cream and brown sugar...basic but delicious! It was exactly what I needed for an afternoon of walking around and exploring the city. The baking and treats on the counter looked delicious, I wish I had indulged myself then, but I'll definitely be back!

It's at a great location, on Cuba St in the central city...great for people-watching! Check out the website for menus and prices (not for those on a budget, a great place to treat yourself to though).

• Visited December 2012
Paris, France
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a great lunch here. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and it was busy! Staff were friendly, the menu was varied. It has a nice European feel to the café which I'm well acquainted to as I live in a certain city in France. When we were there it was full of NZ women talking about their Christmas plans or shopping. This is another great place for a Cappuccino. Food was great and definitely plentiful.

Visited December 2012
New Zealand
“Great food, but service could be a little more customer-focussed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I visited as part of a large group for a Xmas lunch - service was really slow although it was half empty and we'd pre-booked - we were there for over an hour before any food came out. When it did arrive, it was very nice - Lovely risotto, good selection of wines, lovely dessert. On the downside, they would not let us purchase our drinks as we ordered them, or allow separate bills - it may make things easier for them but was difficult for us trying to sort it all out after several hours there. As they were not at all busy at the time, it would have been better service to allow us to pay for wine etc as we purchased it. In the end, their staff had to go through every item on the bill anyway before charging us, and this caused a lot of confusion with checking with every member of the party confirming how many drinks they ordered, and what type. I would recommend Floriditas for dinner with a small group but would not go with a large group again due to the service. Food is reasonably pricey, but worth it.

Visited December 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great food, great people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'd been told that Floriditas is a "must go to" cafe in downtown Wellington for it's glorious sweet treats so we went for a late lunch there on a weekday during the New Year break. The place was pretty busy (having around a 10 minute wait for a table which was fine because the people watching on Cuba St was excellent). The menu is short and simple and has all the classics - eggs bene, potato hash etc but surprisingly lacked interesting sweet options (no pancake/waffle options). I had poached eggs with vine tomatoes and bacon - not very adventurous but fantastically executed. Coffee was good. Had a wee portuguese tart to finish off which was cute and tasty (not sure it was wow though). Would definitely go again but not sure it lived up to the hype.

Visited January 2013