“Brilliant Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Brilliant Brunch”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had brunch today here with close friends. So many great choices on the menu that we agreed to come back to sample the dishes we missed. Great coffee. Service was spot on. The only drawback is that the cafe is quite cramped and can get quite noisy (especially if other customers have bought babies or toddlers).

• Visited October 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Well worth a visit, much more than we expected...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is Glynis from Kapiti 4 Seasons Tours, we left our group to explore Kilbirnie shops and cafes in town...Trev and I then drove away from town to park our larger bus. I saw this little café across the street and we decided to have our lunch there. Great food, we sat in the area by coffee counter and there were some tables outside the main door, people took delicious food from a cabinet close by us (we had a corner table in the window). Staff and others went from the counter through a side door...we did not know that it led to a huge part of this café!!! I thought it was a very small, confined area. I note someone from Ohio thought so too... what a huge surprise when I found the rest of the café while paying our bill...WE plan to be back...

• Visited August 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“A superb 90th birthday venue for my Mum.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Living in HK I was recommended the Elements Cafe by a friend as being a perfect venue to organise a 90th birthday celebration for my mum, who lives in a rest home in Kilbirnie. Despite it not being possible to book on the weekends, the wonderful Louise accomodated our group of 25 - as long as we were there by 1030.

Elements went beyond the call of duty by not only accommodating us all, but they made a special menu with Mum's photo I provided. The food and service was top class and despite the large group there did not seem to be any hiccups. The staff were very professional and the meals were delivered hot and to the right people.

Mum's birthday cake made by Elements was bang on and a great hit with everyone.

I definitely would highly recommend this venue and when I return to live in NZ I will make a special point of going to eat there again when I am in Wellington - if not just for the delicious liver and bacon alone!!!

• Visited September 2013
Oberlin, Ohio
“Good Food but lacking Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stumbled upon this little cafe on a Saturday morning when out for a drive around Wellington. Popular desination and had a constant stream of people coming in. Tight space and lacking atmosphere. Case of baked good and desserts looked delicious. I just wanted to order those. I chose the coconut bread for breakfast. It is a dense bread that was prepared like french toast with poached pears and raspberries. It was fantastic! My companion got the eggs florentine which was also delicious. The coffee bar was a little slow and my flat white was not the best i've had. Overall good little place.

Visited June 2013
“Great salmon dish”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've had a lot of salmon and I think they have one of the best salmon dishes ever, which has a coconut cream and lime juice Asian inspired salad underneath. They also have a great mac and cheese dish if people from north america are looking for something like home. They also have awesome cooking classes, which I took (knife skills class). On American thanksgiving they serve turkey burgers with their amazing duck fat fried potatoes.

Visited March 2013