“A superb 90th birthday venue for my Mum.”
Review of Elements

Elements
Ranked #127 of 997 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Elements is a neighbourhood eatery in the heart of Lyall Bay, a five minute drive from Wellington Airport, and a short stroll from the beach. Our philosophy begins with gathering people around a table to share great food & wine. We believe in food that nourishes – hand made using fresh, seasonal & sustainably farmed ingredients. We're open for breakfast & lunch seven days.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Living in HK I was recommended the Elements Cafe by a friend as being a perfect venue to organise a 90th birthday celebration for my mum, who lives in a rest home in Kilbirnie. Despite it not being possible to book on the weekends, the wonderful Louise accomodated our group of 25 - as long as we were there by 1030.

Elements went beyond the call of duty by not only accommodating us all, but they made a special menu with Mum's photo I provided. The food and service was top class and despite the large group there did not seem to be any hiccups. The staff were very professional and the meals were delivered hot and to the right people.

Mum's birthday cake made by Elements was bang on and a great hit with everyone.

I definitely would highly recommend this venue and when I return to live in NZ I will make a special point of going to eat there again when I am in Wellington - if not just for the delicious liver and bacon alone!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stumbled upon this little cafe on a Saturday morning when out for a drive around Wellington. Popular desination and had a constant stream of people coming in. Tight space and lacking atmosphere. Case of baked good and desserts looked delicious. I just wanted to order those. I chose the coconut bread for breakfast. It is a dense bread that was prepared like french toast with poached pears and raspberries. It was fantastic! My companion got the eggs florentine which was also delicious. The coffee bar was a little slow and my flat white was not the best i've had. Overall good little place.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've had a lot of salmon and I think they have one of the best salmon dishes ever, which has a coconut cream and lime juice Asian inspired salad underneath. They also have a great mac and cheese dish if people from north america are looking for something like home. They also have awesome cooking classes, which I took (knife skills class). On American thanksgiving they serve turkey burgers with their amazing duck fat fried potatoes.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a great little cafe in the middle of the suburb. Very popular but no reservations accepted. They have great little cakes, slices, muffins, rolls and bread - along with jam, pate etc which you can takeaway. But their brunch menu is truly delicious and worth a visit on the weekend.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch on Sat and walked in, there was about at least 3 wait staff right there by the counter who saw me but no one acknowledged or asked if I needed a table. So I go and say hello and ask for a table for 2. We were seated in the middle room and had the menus brought out. We were given water. Then we had to flag someone again to get their attention to order.

The food itself is amazing. I had the lambs fry and bf had eggs florentine and a latte each. To say he had food envy would be an understatement as he kept eating off my plate! The lambs fry is a must try - so so good.

When we finished we had to flag someone again to ask if we can peruse the dessert menu. Like seriously they had about 5 staff going about clearing tables like it was a more important job than attending to customers still there, and it was not even a busy time anymore (past 2pm). No asking how everything was at any point or getting a water refill. It seemed like us ordering dessert was more of a hassle for them. A smile goes a long way!

If you don't care for service and want to go out of your way to eat here then go ahead as the food is good.