“First time in the history of the Rib that it's been messed up”
Review of Chicago Sports Cafe - CLOSED

Chicago Sports Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm not sure how you can mess up ribs, but Chicago Sports Cafe has done so. They have all you can eat pancakes on the weekends, so I may revisit this rating based on an average of the two.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here twice in a week, and my biggest memory is just how good the food is.

When you order a burger, you get a very decent burger!

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We have frequented this establishment many times in the last 24 months, and after a break of about 5 months we returned one lunch hour for a burger and beer. What a disappointment. The food has drastically shrunk in size and quality, yet increased in price. The service was always, well, sports bar standards, yet now it was barely average, with us having to request knives and forks in order to eat our meals, and source salt and pepper from other tables. The beer is still thankfully on tap, and still of a decent quality. The decor has become old and raggedy and someone should really give the toilets a new coat of paint. I see now why it was so quiet on a Friday at lunch.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The menu offered the usual array of burger and steak options, but fancying neither I opted for 'Stone-grilled chicken breast, marinated with mango salsa and served with fries, salad and coleslaw.' All was as described, except for what would become the most important word: 'grilled'.

It was raw. A raw chicken breast was presented to me, fleshy and pink, on a hot stone in the arms of a cheery youth. 'Have you had this before?' she chirped. The look of distain across my face must have answered her question as she proceeded to explain how I would need to portion the chicken to the size of my chips and remember to keep rotating. And then she left.

After cooking, browning, and marinating the chicken myself the taste was fine, but it continued to cook, sticking to the hot stone and turning to rubber. Terrible idea, the place is probably fine for a beer.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

it was my partners first trip to NZ but he absolutely loved this restaurant, it was his favourite on our whole trip. He had the stone grill steak, while I had the fish and we had a jug of ice cold speights to wash it down. It had a great atmosphere especially for a Monday night and the staff were very friendly.