“Venistation”

Chameleon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chameleon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 965 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The menu selection changes seasonally and offers some of the best locally sourced produce . The Chameleon menu is intelligent and original but it's also comforting and flavoursome. The wine list offers an array of taste from around the world with special focus on New Zealand ,the glass pour selection changes regularly to harmonise with our food menu. Chameleon service is welcoming and hospitable with genuine attention to every guest visiting our Restaurant. ONE HAT 2017 Cuisine New Zealand Good Food Awards
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had the six course venison. For us it was too filling, but every bit was delicious. I am not a fan of desert wine, but for those who are it is by good. Highly recommend.

ChameleonR, Manager at Chameleon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear applejuice12,
Thank you for spending a few moments to leave a review on Chameleon. I was excited to read that you managed to enjoy the six course venistation dinner with us. We hope to welcome you back to Chameleon when you are next in Wellington.

Regards,
Craig Wood,
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We experienced a beautiful meal here last night. This is exactly the type of meal we were looking for. Such beautiful flavours and good food cooked with consideration. I had the beef and my husband had the lamb shoulder. We shared a flat bread with eggplant dip. Delicious. The food was cooked so nicely and was actually very filling. The staff were very attentive and seemed to actually care about our experience. Great job by all.

Dear Chaz,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on your latest dining experience in Chameleon. I was pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed your meal, in particular the beef and lamb dishes, and the service you received. I will be sure to pass this on to all involved. We hope to welcome you back to Chameleon on your next visit to Wellington.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wow! I went to restaurant Chameleon and order of the kids menu as I didn't feel like much but ended up having a main and desert! For my main I ordered the crispy chicken tenders with fries and a salad. The chicken was certainly crispy and the fries and salad were lovely. The potion was huge but I didn't eat it all because I had all ready worked out what desert I wanted! I had the chocolate fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream. Spectacular!! The atmosphere was lovely and I really enjoyed my time :)

ChameleonR, Manager at Chameleon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear ljpz123, thank you for taking the time to review Chameleon from your latest visit. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our kids menu options. We hope to welcome you back into Chameleon in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dined last night and had the beef- absolutely the most delicious meal we have eaten.... The waitress was so helpful and welcoming. Could not find a fault at all. Yum yum!!!

Dear Jenona, thank you for spending some time to share your feedback on Chameleon Restaurant. I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed the beef dish, and that the service matched the meal! We look forward to welcoming you back to Chameleon when you next visit Wellington.

Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were staying at the Intercontinental so decided to dine here. Whilst the food is very good we felt the restaurant lacked ambience. While floor to ceiling windows can work in summer months it did make it a bit cold.
We both had the duck and it was delicious. The pumpkin and bok choy complimented it well. You don’t need sides (the portion sizes are good) however we ordered some duck fat roasted potatoes as we liked the sound of those. They were disappointing – not crunchy at all – and we didn’t eat them.
The desserts were excellent. I had the mousse with fruit and popcorn and my husband had the passion fruit slice. I loved the novelty of the popcorn and the fruit in the mousse was fresh and tasted great.
The wine list was good and the prices are what you would expect in a restaurant of this calibre.
The waiter (Phily) while a bit slow to take our drink order at first was overall very good.
The only thing that really let the restaurant down in my opinion was that I was a little cold.
If the temperature was better I would definitely go back, though I may just go back for the desserts.
We also had breakfast in the restaurant and the buffet had a lot of good choices and the service was good. Not sure why there are previous reviews suggesting the breakfast staff service isn’t good – we had no issue. Keen to return. Overall it was a great restaurant

Dear Annie, thank you for leaving us a comment on your latest dining experience in Chameleon. I was happy to read that you and your partner enjoyed desserts with us. I have passed on your feedback with regards to the temperature and duck fat potatoes. I am also glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast offerings, and will be sure to pass these comments on to the whole team. We look forward to seeing you in Chameleon again soon.

Warm regards,