“Best dining experience on our Wellington visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chameleon Restaurant

Chameleon Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 904 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Savour the freshest produce with the collection of innovative dishes at Chameleon Restaurant. Experience true local flavours created by expert chefs who focus on sustainable products from local markets. From organic salad greens to eco pork, our chefs strive to integrate the best local produce available into the seasonal menus. A knowledgeable service team offers local expertise to enhance your dining experience.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best dining experience on our Wellington visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here as we had been given a voucher towards food & beverage for a Christmas present. We weren't familiar with the place as the last time we had been there was when it was the park royal hotel. We didn't know what to expect so we didn't go in with high expectations. By the end of the evening we couldn't stop talking about the great food and service we had. From start to finish our meals were amazing! Seafood chowder was beautifully flavoured with the best prawns, clams, scallops, mussels and salmon all so fresh. I had the prawn and salmon entree also very fresh with a lovely blend of flavours. For our mains my husband had the beef which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had the rack of lamb which was cooked to perfection (the best I've had). To finish off the deserts were devine, especially the caramel macadamia crumble with stoned fruit which I highly recommend. The wine suggested by the waiter (who did an excellent job) was also perfect. We will be back on our next visit shortly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ChameleonR, Manager at Chameleon Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Chameleon Restaurant. I am pleased to share your comments with our service and kitchen team, they will be delighted to hear about your dining experience. I am glad you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your meals and the wine selection chosen by one of our waiters. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back very soon.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
“Quality Breakfast Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We travel to a lot of hotels in New Zealand on business and pleasure based trips, and I can honestly say the Chamelon Restaurant's quality of buffet was right up there. Great scrambled eggs and a good patisserie selection.
I would like to see a few more interest points however for the kids. By that I mean some curiosities for them to gawk at so us parents can read the paper in peace :) Great place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ChameleonR, General Manager at Chameleon Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent dining experience in Chameleon Restaurant. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet; in particular the scrambled eggs and patisserie selection. We value your feedback and appreciate any suggestions for the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Wonderful Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We won a voucher for 2 Breakfasts from Intercontinental for The Salvation Army and Give a Family a Break charity also won a Coffee Card they donated to the same charity great work Intercontinental Team. The breakfast was superb great choice of food, well laid out and friendly staff to assist.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Faye B
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast selection and the service provided from our friendly team. We would just like to thank you once again for your on-going support of Salvation Army’s ‘Give a Family a Break’ programme which InterContinental Wellington helps to support. We look forward to seeing you in Chameleon Restaurant in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Couldn't fault it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had dinner here with friends. Exceptional food and wine and superb service. One of the best restaurants in New Zealand!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed our great selection of food and wines. The staff pride themselves on their 5 star service so they were delighted you enjoyed your dining experience.
Australia
“An amazing spontaneous dinner choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Partner & I decided to go here last night for dinner as our previous plans were foiled. So we rung up last minute and went. We chose Chameleon as I missed out on their food during Toast and was still craving it. We ordered the bread to share and this came out with an amuse-bouche of some watermelon sort. Bread was fine and fresh with olive, butter and balsamic dips. For mains I had the beef tenderloin & partner had the lamb rack. I loved my dish as beef was cooked perfect medium and sides were all great as well. Partner's lamb was also delicious as had a few bites myself (but think he did that so he can have more of my beef. Lol). To quote he said "it tastes bloody good!" Our wines came out all good as well with the starters. The service was very attentive and they come up and check on you every so often to ask if everything is good and refilling the water, removing used plates etc. My only gripe perhaps was the restaurant was hardly half full and we were seated quite awkwardly in the middle of the floor quite next to the utensils station, whereby I would have preferred a more private secluded section. All in all it was a great night out. Probably not your everyday dinner choice due to the price but definitely worth it if you have a special occassion or even just wanting an amazing meal with great service! Bonus was they were in the Entertainment Book as well! :)

1 Thank enzedwelly
Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent dining experience in Chameleon Restaurant. We were pleased to see that you and your partner enjoyed your meals and I was happy to share your comments with the team. We do hope to welcome you back to Chameleon again soon.