“Kingfish is very yumee!”
Review of California Sushi

California Sushi
Ranked #394 of 997 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed May 23, 2013

When I came there first time I was a bit confused because the restaurant looks quite simple, but I saw a lot of people who were eating and chating there like a close friend, so I decided to try a sea food soup and I found it the best in New Zealand.
Next day I came just before the restaurant was closed, but the owners opened the door and invited me to take a sit. She made a sashimi with kingfish which is very seldom opportunity to taste it just one mounth in a year.
Honestly, it is the best fish what I ever try and the price was about $9!
So, I strongly recommend to everyone to find this restaurant on Cuba St and enjoy delicious japanese cousiene.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had the guy make it for me on the spot, which was great because I got nice big slices of fish. Seems like they have a lot of cool kitchen experiments going on there, super friendly owner and chef. One of the best sushi takeaway places I've been to, but also one of the most expensive.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

This little gem is tucked away but well worth the hunt especially if you are a serious sushi lover like my daughter and I. we always pop into California Sushi when we are in town
we would not go anywhere else, the cute lady owners happy beaming face will brighten up any day even in a wellington Southerly.see you soon.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Lovely, lovely lady who owns it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 13, 2008

get them to make it for you on the spot, don't buy the premade takeaway sushi.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook