“Good snacks”
Review of Arizona Bar - CLOSED

Arizona Bar
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Get your American Grill on at Arizona!The perfect place for thirst-quenching drink or American Grill style cooking. Arizona is a great place to meet friends or colleagues for a casual meal, a well deserved after work drink, or even to settle in and watch a game on our bars plasma screens.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit Arizona Bar for our anniversary. We've been there before and had a good experience. I find the menu limited only because i like pasta. I decided to try the ORICCETTI VERDURA. it is pasta with peppers, olives, lime and ricotta chesse. It does not come with any meat but I asked to have chicken added and they did.
My wife tried their POLLO QUESADILLA. It comes with lime green chilli, and herb marinated chicken.
The prices are a little high for what you get, $19 for pasta and $18 for quesadilla but, nevertheless, we enjoyed our meals. We decided to order banana split for dessert. As much as i like ice cream I would not order it again since it costs $10.
Our server was very pleasant and so was the bar staff.
Overall good experience but expensive.

ArizonaNZ, Manager at Arizona Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear travelguy1969, thanks for kind comments on Arizona, whilst you were visiting Wellington. I was pleased to read how you and your wife enjoyed your special day with us. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the oriccetti and quesadilla dishes. I will be sure to pass these comments onto our kitchen and service team.
Chris Sharp
Arizona Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2013

After my last bad review (and a response from the manager offering me a dinner for two), I gave this place a second chance. I called in advance to remind them of the dinner for two offered me. I went with the email form the manager (no longer on staff) to prove I was not making the offer up! A reserved table was waiting for me and the staff was very attentive. The fajitas were tasty and the beer cold. I was comped my dinner (per the email promise) except the beer.

I am glad I gave the place a second chance and I might suggest you give it a chance when in Wellington.

ArizonaNZ, Manager at Arizona Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear SMEMBoston_Ma, welcome back to Arizona, and thank you for taking the time to review us. I was pleased to read that you very much enjoyed your dining experience with us! I will be sure to pass the feedback onto our service and kitchen team. We look forward to seeing you in Arizona in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lovely Mexican pub type grub, not super fancy but totally hits the spot and great portion sizes. I had the nachos which were served in a really funky way with the tomato/beany topping cooked separately with grilled cheese on top so that it's not making the corn chips soggy! Great idea. Always a good atmosphere, great place to watch sport too!

Hi there, thanks for reviewing Arizona! I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the Nachos to our kitchen team. We think it is also a great way to serve these to keep them fresh!! Was happy to read that you do too! Looking forward to seeing you back in Arizona during our next big sporting event!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

On a recent stat in Wellington, on the first night we went to the Arizona Bar, we had been there before, I have the Chilli con carne again and it was just as good as always, the meat is like a stew with steak, very tasty and the guocamole is to die for, daughter had the fries and the chocalate cake for desert was amazing, will go there again, highly recommended

Thank you for taking the time to review Arizona. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our chilli con carne, gucamole and dessert selection. We look forward to having you back when you are next in Wellington.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Came in foR A quIck fix of tastey tex mex at an old institution arizona. Good to See the fajitas still on the menU as so muCh has changed. Keen to keep with tradition I ordered the fajita triple combo which came on a Sizzling platter. Besides the slow service and inAttentiveness the food made up for it. Love the beer seLection. Sizeable portions and good value.

Hi Jeff, thanks for taking the time to review Arizona. I was pleased to see that you are still enjoying our tex mex cuisine and beer selection We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.