“Excellent”

Restaurant 88
Ranked #38 of 946 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 88's stylish and modern interior is sure to impress. Home of provincial Vietnamese dining, Restaurant 88 introduces many diverse flavours of Vietnam to Wellingtonians, and visitors, as well as offering great service, and a lovely atmosphere. Fully licensed and open 6 days, you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of Wellington's best-kept secrets. With an open mind and an empty stomach, let the journey begin!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had never eaten Vietnamese before and now I am hooked. Used our Entertainment voucher so got 2 for 1 but would definitely come back and pay full price. Lovely venue, great staff and the food is just exquisite! Loved it and will be coming back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant 88

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Attentive, friendly staff. Prompt service.

Meals are delicious with amazing presentation and generous servings.

The restaurant itself has an excellent ambience and I was impressed to see that they used a proper spray to clean the tables rather than a manky old damp cloth.

We would definately come here again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Terrible service, rude waitor & no vegeterain options.

After reading great trip adviser reviews we decided to make reservations to eat at resturant 88. When we got there the waitors/staff were very rude, and didnt seem like they knew what was what, as we got served twice, and our drinks never came. the menu offers 1 option for vegetarians, vegetable spring rolls, so as i cannot eat meat my only option was for an entree to have spring rolls, and again for my main. there was no other vegetarian meals. I also asked if they could ask the chef to do a speical noodle meal without meat, and the rude waitor came back and rudely said no sorry we only do meat. having 1 vegeterain option on a menu is not okay, espically as its the same as the entree.

4  Thank abby n
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times and the food never disappoints. Last visit was a group of 9 and the banquet was incredible value. Everyone had more than enough to eat and enjoyed all the dishes. We weren't rushed at all throughout the evening. Great if you have a gluten allergy as majority of food is gluten free. Will be back again.

1  Thank Fennz
Reviewed August 6, 2013

In the last 3 months I've been here 4 times and not once can I fault the food or the service, everything, from the food, to the atmosphere, to the setting and to the service have been excellent. The food is extremely flavoursome with the perfect balance of Southeast Asian flavours, it's delicious. So far I've had the lemongrass chicken, the shaking beef, the beef salad, the pho bo, the marinated chops and all of which were spectacular - Try them all if you ever get the opportunity. My favourite though, would have to be the beef salad.

On my last visit I tried a cocktail, the Saigon Sunset - that was delicious. If you're a lover passionfruit, I definitely recommend this.

The venue is very central, so if you're looking to head to town or to the movies after dinner this is the perfect place. The number of parks around this area lessens after 6.30 - 7 pm most evenings so it's best to get in quick. Also, you must book in before 7pm because it can get quite busy.

Lunch is a cheaper option if the dinner prices are too high but I always say, quality over quantity so go crazy!

Enjoy to those who haven't been and thank you Restaurant 88 for keeping your customers happy.

1  Thank Arihia M