“Terrible service, rude waitor & no vegeterain options”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant 88

Restaurant 88
Ranked #40 of 911 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant 88's stylish and modern interior is sure to impress. Home of provincial Vietnamese dining, Restaurant 88 introduces many diverse cuisine flavours to Wellingtonians, and visitors, as well as offering great service, and a lovely atmosphere. Fully licensed and open 6 days, you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of Wellington's best-kept secrets. With an open mind and an empty stomach, let the journey begin!
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, rude waitor & no vegeterain options”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Terrible service, rude waitor & no vegeterain options.

After reading great trip adviser reviews we decided to make reservations to eat at resturant 88. When we got there the waitors/staff were very rude, and didnt seem like they knew what was what, as we got served twice, and our drinks never came. the menu offers 1 option for vegetarians, vegetable spring rolls, so as i cannot eat meat my only option was for an entree to have spring rolls, and again for my main. there was no other vegetarian meals. I also asked if they could ask the chef to do a speical noodle meal without meat, and the rude waitor came back and rudely said no sorry we only do meat. having 1 vegeterain option on a menu is not okay, espically as its the same as the entree.

4 Thank abby n

“Great restaurant for a group or individuals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times and the food never disappoints. Last visit was a group of 9 and the banquet was incredible value. Everyone had more than enough to eat and enjoyed all the dishes. We weren't rushed at all throughout the evening. Great if you have a gluten allergy as majority of food is gluten free. Will be back again.

1 Thank Fennz
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Hands down, one of the best eats in Wellington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

In the last 3 months I've been here 4 times and not once can I fault the food or the service, everything, from the food, to the atmosphere, to the setting and to the service have been excellent. The food is extremely flavoursome with the perfect balance of Southeast Asian flavours, it's delicious. So far I've had the lemongrass chicken, the shaking beef, the beef salad, the pho bo, the marinated chops and all of which were spectacular - Try them all if you ever get the opportunity. My favourite though, would have to be the beef salad.

On my last visit I tried a cocktail, the Saigon Sunset - that was delicious. If you're a lover passionfruit, I definitely recommend this.

The venue is very central, so if you're looking to head to town or to the movies after dinner this is the perfect place. The number of parks around this area lessens after 6.30 - 7 pm most evenings so it's best to get in quick. Also, you must book in before 7pm because it can get quite busy.

Lunch is a cheaper option if the dinner prices are too high but I always say, quality over quantity so go crazy!

Enjoy to those who haven't been and thank you Restaurant 88 for keeping your customers happy.

1 Thank Arihia M
Palmerston North
“Yum Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

After reading reviews online I decided to take my partner here for Date Night. He had reservations after having had gone there 10ish years ago and didnt have fond memories. However, what we had sure changed his mind! We didnt book and went at 7ish on a Saturday night and we managed to get a table although we probably would book next time. We ordered the rice paper rolls and ribs for entree and we shared them. The rice paper rolls were fresh and the dipping sauce was just yummy. Im not a big ribs fan but these were delicious and left us curious about how good the mains would be. We had a mixed platter and a lemongrass chicken. Both were good sized portions ( we left really full) with a really beautiful salad of rice noodles, lettuce and yum bits and pieces. The service was great, they refilled my water almost instantly when I had finished it and were most attentive. From a person who was determined it wouldnt be nice, my partner definitely changed his mind and was full and happy when we left. We will be back and will be recommending to others for the meals and the service.

2 Thank Aimz2416
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Delicious, authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved the food here, Especially the shaking beef. The apertisers were all really good and great to share a few of them rather than order mains.

• Visited July 2013