“Brilliant”

Restaurant 88
Ranked #36 of 923 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 88's stylish and modern interior is sure to impress. Home of provincial Vietnamese dining, Restaurant 88 introduces many diverse cuisine flavours to Wellingtonians, and visitors, as well as offering great service, and a lovely atmosphere. Fully licensed and open 6 days, you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of Wellington's best-kept secrets. With an open mind and an empty stomach, let the journey begin!
Wellington, New Zealand
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was a bit hesitant as it was my first Vietnamese restaurant, staff were friendly and very attentive, lost track of how many times my water glass was topped up, menu was great even lots of choice for non sea foodies like me....food was awesome, pork that melted in your mouth....sesame ice cream...brilliant, great choice of wines and beers, great cocktails, great atmosphere, great decor, I'm certainly going back

• Visited April 2013

“All going well up until bloody chicken thigh bone!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A shame. Really good atmosphere, staff, starters, wine, other friends mains nicel, but me and my friend ordered a dish a chicken thigh dish and yeah, mine was only just cooked and my friends chicken thigh bone and small oart if the meat was bloody/pink.

• Visited April 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Great asiatic food in Wellington”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had our dinner in Restaurant 88, as we spent a night in Wellington on our tour of New Zealand.
Great food, good wines and a very sophisticated ambiance impressed us.
We had a great evening tasting some dishes we had never heard of before, this experience left us very happy and satisfied. Next time in Wellington we will come again.
Although the food was excellent and well presented, the service attentive and personal, the bill was very moderate.

• Visited February 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Such a terrific experience!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

A woman we met in Napier told us this was a great place to try once we got to Wellington and she was so right! The food was stellar, service exquisite and the decor was excellent! I loved the flavours and presentation of food and, even without any reservations, on a busy evening, we were accommodated with smiles and grace. I would go back there every time I went to Wellington!

• Visited March 2013
Wellington
“Variety shows off some great skills”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff here are all Vietnamese and obviously enjoying working together. We tried some fresh vegetable rolls, "shaken beef" (not sure of the title, but the flavour and texture was a must have) and for mains a steamed curried fish with a delicate flavour.
We rarely do desert but after such a gorgeous meal the ladies had to, and we were served a very grand hot chocolate brownie with mango sauce and a coconut sticky rice. I had most of it - yum
We will definitely be recommending to our guests

• Visited March 2013