“Best Thai in Wellington”
Review of Ban Mai Thai Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ban Mai Thai Cafe
Ranked #663 of 1,007 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were recommended this little, off the beaten track restaurant and we walked to find it before ringing to make a booking. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
I love Panang Curry and this was one of the most flavorsome I have eaten. My husband likes his food 'Thai' hot and ordered a dish with lots of vegetables and beef. He was disappointed however, as there was very little meat and no real flavour, just HOT! He will just need to order something else next time that's all. I wouldn't let this put you off as we both enjoyed the experience and would definitely go back. It is a BYO as well which is a bonus.
If you are looking for fine dining, don't go here, but if you are a group or a couple who love Thai food, would most definitely recommend it!
I really enjoyed it and will be back for more next time I'm staying in the city.

1  Thank Donna J

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a perfectly pleasant meal, but the food was not very flavoursome. A little disappointing. Pricing was very reasonable, so maybe we should have gone somewhere more expensive?

1  Thank John W
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Took the family for a simple meal out and loved this place. Well priced. Gracious and friendly service. Extremely good and generous meals - mouth-watering Thai classics and such flavours!

We will be going back - as it ticked all the boxes! Lovely warm setting.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

Great restaurant and quite cheap best thai in town in my opinion and byo as well which is almost unheard of these days!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook