“Closest thing to a European spa you will find”
Review of Tory Urban Retreat

Tory Urban Retreat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: - A Sanctuary in the city - A replenishing & relaxing Retreat that allows you to refresh your body & spirit in a haven of unique natural ambiance & calm. Tory urban retreat excels in your evolving spirit, health and wellness... A replenishing Tory Urban experience that allows you to refresh your body and soul in a sanctuary of tranquility and calm. Tory Urban Retreat has long been the destination of many a weary, stressed soul. With over 60 years of experience in relaxation, this makes us one of the capital city's best establishments to escape and relieve the stresses of day-to-day life. With our huge traditional Finnish Sauna, lush icy cold tranquil plunge pool, body treatments, relaxing massage therapy and an array of refreshments on offer Tory Urban Retreat is your ideal hidden oasis in the heart of the city. Our qualified & extremely experienced massage therapists are on hand to ease your stresses and strains away. Deep relaxation massage can be taken in a variety of time-slots and beautiful body treatments are available. The Retreat is a uniquely beautiful haven tailor made to give you an authentic relaxing experience. You will feel like you've stepped into a quiet, natural space that honours your wellbeing & provides you with the nurturing you need. Floatation therapy - in our state of the art dream-pod float tank. Experience a completely new state of mind & body with floatation therapy. This treatment reduces aches and pains whilst helping to improve mental and emotional wellbeing. Floatation therapy is an exciting and unique concept with a number of proven health benefits which can help anyone from stressed out city dwellers, to parents and sports enthusiasts. After you've floated with us enjoy your post float feeling of wellness & come back down to earth at your own pace in our Post Float Lounge. Enjoy complimentary organic fruit & beverages...take as long as you need...we certainly encourage you to stay as long as you want. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is non-invasive, relaxing and healing treatment that provides your body with extra oxygen. The process involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized pod. Your blood carries this oxygen throughout your body. This helps fight bacteria and stimulate the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing. Sessions within the pod are relaxing and comfortable. You can read a book, listen to a podcast or audio book, watch a movie or simply sleep. ...and to compliment this therapy we have a Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMFt) bed in our Hyperbaric therapy room. Indulge yourself in our retreat...Join us...Come & find your quiet new world...
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

After a year of my friend telling me about the sauna he goes to I decided to try it out (not entirely convinced it might not be just a wee bit dodgey).

My experience was fantastic. Had I realised it was a proper Europeam type spa I don't think it would have taken me so long to attend.

The finnish sauna is great very clean and as hot as you would expect. There are plenty of showers, a nice cold plunge pool, drinking water freely available. Loungers and relaxation areas with up to date magazines and newspapers. All in all I was pretty impressed.

Being my first visit I was provided with a full tour and explanation of the premises. Being a mixed day I decided to wear a swimsuit but next time would feel comfortable in a towel. If you are a prude be warned unless it is Tuesday (women only) then you will likely see naked men but to be honest you need to look to see anything. The day I attended there were three other women in bikinis and one man wearing swimming briefs so it is really up to you.

The retreat also has yoga and massage as well as a spa menu with healthy smoothies and snacks.

If you are in Wellington on a cold blustery day or night this is the perfect activity to do. Enjoy the finnish sauna in down town wellington today!

14  Thank Contentnz