Southern Cross Serviced Apartments
$80
$68
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$119
$94
Official Site
$200
$163
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$78
$178
$116
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewscuba stclose to shopsaccommodationlocationfloorfridge
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and son whilst visiting for the cricket at the basin.We had travelled from the Hawkes Bay and arrived late.I was very tired and went to bed only to find I was being eaten alive by bed bugs.My husband stripped all the beds to find bugs in all of them.We got in touch with the duty manager who came and proceeded to get a sample of the bugs in a jam jar.She found us alternative rooms in the building and by this time it was 1.30am.This room was no more than a student flat.I would not get into a bed and slept on a two seater sofa.We have had no apology from management.This ruined what should have been a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank allyson w
sxapts, Front Office Manager at Southern Cross Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We were disappointed by this very unfortunate incident as we have had a preventative maintenance programme in place for some time. When we addressed your issue our pest control expert did advise us that due to the hot temperatures and long summer days in Wellington these factors had caused a problem for many service providers in our region. Although we did move you into another room quickly and issued a full refund, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service and would hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great value and great saving on a 2 bedroom apartment, the only problem is the southern cross bar are just downstair. its abot noisy at the night. But the food there is delicious and also a beutiful enviroment to hang out.

If you are coming with more than 3 ppl, this is a great place to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Canus86
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Pleasant enough reception service and allowed into room before 2pm which was much appreciated. Nice and handy to my function venue and Cuba Street with plenty of places to eat/drink. Very clean and tidy small room, but worth what I paid for it. Shower was great, good pressure and plenty of hot water. Would want a bigger room if I was with my partner and staying more than a night. Would stay there again if I wanted to be in that location. Would agree with Peppy569 about the room spray though, very overpowering and gave me hayfever for the first time in 8 years.

Room Tip: was in 701 and the "wind whistle" could be heard and it wasn't even very windy - did not bother me but might annoy some people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in our recent trip to Wellington. It is located at the end of Cuba Street lots of bars around and very noisy area. There is a bar attached to the hotel where there s live music on the weekends that keep you awake till the early hours of the morning. Then the rubbish collection starts at about 6AM with crashing and bashing of the bottle collection from the bar. The rooms are simple, no frills, clean enough, serviced once a week. Had to request for the cleaners not to use room spray at is it a most revolting sickly sweet artificial smell that lingers on for days and gets into your clothes. Very bad for you if you suffer from asthma like me. Front desk staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the bar, then again the rubbish collection early in the morning will sound like an earthquake!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks when we first arrived in Wellington. Their long stay rates are very reasonable compared to similar serviced apartments in the area. I read reviews about the noise so I requested a room on the quiet side of the building.

I was very pleased with the room.. clean & simple, no frills. Kitchenette had complete utensils & we made full use of them. Housekeeping is only done once a week for long stay guests.

Absolutely loved the location as it's right on Cuba Street with all the cafes, restaurants and the Friday night market.

Overall very satisfied with my stay here. The only major complaint I have is the exhaust fan in the bathroom. Its plastic flaps that are supposed to keep the winter air out was all gone. As a result the bathroom was freezing during nighttime & rainy days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business