Astelia Apartment Hotel
$80
$68
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$119
$94
Official Site
$200
$163
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$78
$178
$116
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewswillis streetwashing machinegreat locationafter hoursacross the roadmulti storey carparkte papacentral locationstreet noisesmall wardrobecuba stcook topbed was comfortablefront office staffshort stayself cateringgood size
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was large, clean and tidy. We didn't cook here, as the apartment was within easy walking distance to Cuba St and a number of restaurants (which made it difficult to choose). The hotel was quiet and well located, just the way we liked it. We knew that room service was only once a week, and this didn't bother us, but others should be prepared if you want this service on a daily basis.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie_Family_12
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location. I stayed in a studio apartment and was pleasantly surprised with the roominess and facilities. A good kitchenette with plenty of utensils, a good sized fridge and a large bathroom. I am extremely fussy on cleanliness and my room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, the linen crisp and clean and the room was quiet...considering I stayed during the weekend. Due to a late flight I had to ring the after hours number to access my keys (it did take a bit of detective work to figure out what I had to do) but I found them very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for either a short or long stay. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Well positioned apartment convenient for the centre of Auckland. Good kitchen and laundry facilities, and a comfortable apartment. We had a problem with the arrangements for accessing our apartment - we arrived after hours and phoned the security service as per the note at the entrance and they were less than helpful, we are still waiting for their call back to tell us how to get into our apartment. If it had not been for a helpful resident who knew the code to access the security box we would still be on the pavement.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for work and a couple of times with my wife for visits to Wellington.

We stayed here last weekend for one night and again found it perfect for the quick visit to the capital.

It's really quiet and the staff make it so easy and efficient to check in and out. No hassles, they make great arrangements for the late arrivals I've had as well.

Greaet value for money and we will certainly be back.

2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a fantastic location - very central for city exploration. However..... as some of the other reviewers have mentioned it is noisy. Didn't notice the street noise was actually the other rooms around. Doors slamming shut, elevator "pinging" when arriving at floor, rooms above, heavy footsteps, next door cupboards opening and closing, water running etc. Other major issue was air conditioning - there isn't any. We had an opening window and did open it except it started raining which was fine initially but then the wind came up and the rain straight inside so didn't want to ruin their window sill so had to close the window. Very humid and no way to cool the room down. Rooms not serviced and don't recall this being mentioned on the website when making the booking. Not really an issue as only there 3 nights but really after 3 nights think servicing should be done - week between services is too long and since you're paying same rate each night then really something should be done if only to take away the rubbish and top up toiletries, change dish cloth etc. I mention the rubbish because if not being serviced then should at least provide decent size rubbish bin - one in kitchen was pathetic. Front office staff generally friendly enough - did feel had to say good morning/hello etc to them first though - would have been nicer for them to initiate the contact.

2  Thank Jedsmom