Rydges Wellington
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$112
$115
$92
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$202
$116
Priceline
2,090 results
All reviewsportlander restaurantharbour viewrailway stationbuffet breakfastsmall kitchenettevalet parkingroom servicegood sizethe air conditioningwestpac stadiumcomfortable bedpillow menumini barsouth islandnice roomnew zealandper day
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with excellent, clean, modern rooms. We have stayed here three times. It is well situated and has a good bar area and small but ample eatery. The only let down would be the reception staff. They seemed very snobbish and not very friendly. Bar staff are very professional. Love the decor in the rooms. Would stay here again due to location.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is included in our company approved list and we are glad it is. It's one of the better hotels in New Zealand we stay in while on business. Rooms are a great size, contemporary decor and excellent location, numerous restaurants within walking distance, train station a block away, Lambton Quay shopping 5mins walk away, Westpac stadium and ferry terminal no more than 5min drive (taxi) and easy access to motorway north (along the water front). Reception has always been efficient and courteous and this time was no different. As I said, I've stayed numerous times on business and I would have no problem staying at Rydges with hubby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room overlooking the habour is a plus point. Hotel is centrally located. Staff is very friendly and excellent service provided. I really liked the restaurant which they have recently refurbished I heard. Definitley they have done a good job with the decor and the food. I had the oysters and lamb and it was very delicious. Will definitely come back and stay at th Rydges.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the habour
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past year. Once with my sister, once with my then boyfriend, another for my friend's Bridal shower, and the last so far was on the weekend of my wedding.

Charming that they have a pillow menu, and I decided to ask for the lavender pillow at about quarter to midnight. The male staff with a cheerful voice delivered my lovely smelling pillow two minutes later! I stayed on a Friday night with my sister, and ordered the room service fish and chips, which i enjoyed coz it was nice and crispy, non oily, and had enough aioli to dip my chips in! Sweet!

During my friend's Bridal Shower, they provided our every whim! The bowl of ice, and refills, the extra this and that, oh and we were worried about the noise, the staff re-assured us that they did not book the rooms next to our suite, so we did not have to worry about "noise control" issues.

My wedding weekend was the best. There was a hand-written note from one of the manager's with wine and cheese on the dining table inside my suite . Sweet! I had a small wedding, and family came to our sweet to have coffee, wine and cake about mid-afternoon. Had to ask for things several times, and each time, the staff delivered everything I asked for, the big knife, 8 extra forks and side plates, and oh, the 8 extra wine glasses, delivering them always with a smile.

You wouldn't wanna sleep in if you're staying here for the weekend. Looooove the breakfast buffet spread! It's not your usual hotel spread, my favorite was the eggs benedict, and the mushrooms were just the right tenderness (yes im fuzzy with my mushrooms.) Looove their "Drinks buffet" milk, juices, smoothies - all served in little single serving clear bottles! I wanted to put the bottles in my jacket pocket! Their buffet spread puts a smile in your face, and your tummy. Perfect way to start your day, really. I can't wait to visit Wellington and stay here again!

Room Tip: The suite I stayed in at the 16th floor had glorious views of the harbour and the city!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel has the best ambiance in the city and the view which adds up to it.. Very accomodating staff . Location is also a plus for it is close to restaurants and the train station. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family