Rydges Wellington
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$123
$146
$190
$145
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$59
$90
$88
Travelocity
2,066 results
All reviewsportlander restaurantharbour viewrailway stationbuffet breakfastsmall kitchenettevalet parkingroom servicegood sizethe air conditioningwestpac stadiumcomfortable bedpillow menumini barsouth islandnice roomnew zealandper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed as a family in their double double room. Checking in and out was fine, the hotel staff were friendly. We booked through a special weekend rate, it included a full breakfast for all of us and the breakfast was just fab! There was a variety of food and drinks for us and the kids and I highly reccomend eating breakfast at the hotels restaurant. We also had dinner there and like the breakfast, the dinner for the adults and kids was just top class. The waiters we had both nights were friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in the middle of town and close to everything. We had a great stay at Rydges and out of all the hotels I have stayed at in NZ, this was 5 star.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EB80Auckland
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and i were so pleased with this gem of a hotel when we had a three night break over Easter. Its a newly refurbished hotel and is much more modern and boutique than i expected.
Views were great over the harbour, Beds and room very comfortable with great design and colours.We even had some complimentry easter eggs!

I made regular us of the swimming pool sauna and spa which was well kept with fresh towels and water. There's a mini gym attached to it good enough for a little fix. Spa very hot by the way but we prefer that to sitting in a like warm one.
They go to a lot of effort for breakfast here, very tasty mini eggs bendict etc Makes for a light hearted fun start to the day.

Location great just near the water and the front desk staff effortlessly helpful with my long list of places to go.
Easter weekend is a quiet time for City centres so I look forward to staying at this place again during the City's weekday hustle and bustle sometime soon.

Room Tip: This hotel has 17 floors the higher you go he better the view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Check in service was excellent, with very friendly staff. My fiancée wasn't checking in at the same time so he politely suggested leaving a key card for her at reception (good proactive thinking). Room was a good size, with all the things you need. Great iron - nice and clean (very important for business travelers). The only thing that stopped it getting 5 stars for me was the hot water in the shower which fluctuated quite a bit from too cold to too hot. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get above the tenth floor. Traffic is a bit noisy at lower levels but overall traffic in wellingtons light.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed at Rydges for the first time and were very impressed with the service, the accommodation and the best breakfast anywhere.
We had a room on the 16th floor with superb views of the city and the harbour. Nice, modern room with up to date facilities plus the bonus of a deck was very welcome. .
Really attentive staff with lots of smiles :-).
Rydges breakfast is a real treat and not your normal Hotel buffet. Awesome presentation and equally matched in the quality & selection of the food on offer.
Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at the Rydges on business for several weeks and was happy there. The staff were very accommodating and made every to meet my needs, including requests for an openable window (they gave me a room with a balcony) and for storage of personal items while I spent a weekend away.

I also loved the free gym card they offer guests - to the city life gym up the road in Thordon, a nearby suburb. The walk to the gym is just 5mins and is worth it - it is a well appointed gym with a Pilates and yoga studio attached (Abundance) so most gym goers will be able to find somehing they'd like to do.

All the rooms in Rydges have capacity for basic self-catering including kettle, microwave and stove top, as well as enough kitchen gear to cook something simple.

Rydges was good and is a trusty choice when in Wellington. It was around $165 a night and i was not disappointed with what I got for that price.

• Stayed: March 2012
GeneralMgrRydges, General Manager at Rydges Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

It was great to have you stay here for a couple of weeks and thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. We endeavour to meet all guest requests in particular our guests that are staying for a longer period of time. Knowing that it will be your home away from home and travel is harder than we first think I believe from your feedback that we were able to meet your needs. Look forward to welcoming you back for work or leisure sometime soon in the future. Regards Simon