“Best beach in Wellington?”
Review of Scorching Bay

Scorching Bay
Ranked #31 of 236 things to do in Wellington
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a nice little sandy beach on the Miramar penisula. Great for a day on the beach or a picnic. There is a great little cafe there called Scorch--o-rama that has some tasty dishes and good coffee!

There are newer reviews for Scorching Bay

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Blue seas, rocks and rockpools, scrubby vegetation - and a cafe where you can sit and admire it all.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

OK, I am waffling between 4 and 5 stars. I cand honestly say that I have only eaten here once, and it was great. Great food for the price and amazing location. But I am not an expert on their food......so no promises. What I do know is that the staff are always really nice ( not gushy or over the top, but honestly nice) and they make excellent TEA. Dont you dare try to drink i before properly steeped or you will be told off! Their slices are great, and they have ice creams (even in winter) so the kids love it too. Honestly, if I am thinking about a cafe on a sunny day with the kids I head here!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love areas of rocky coastline they look great in a storm and great when it is calm. I love the different moods.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having spent the last two Christmas Days on Scorching Bay, I would recommend to others. It gets real busy and a great atmosphere (as much as you can get an atmosphere on a beach). Sure, its not going to be Bondi, with the brisk chill cutting in whatever the weather in Welly, but a lovely treat for those like us from the UK who want to spend some time doing something different.

Its great to see others cooking meals, sipping champagne and opening presents. Loved our two Christmas Days there.