“Top value - Friendly service”

Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand
“Top value - Friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay here regularly and get great service. Nice tidy rooms, reasonable size. Good location, central city.

The staff go out of their way to be helpful and make a real difference for business travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Wellington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

In the heart of the city. Great service, room was beautifully furnished and comfortable.

However I will not stay again, I had next to no sleep due to noise!
There is a pub/bar across the road, boy racers all night. The windows & walls need some soundproofing for sure!

It was just my mother and I, we were both pleased to be out of there first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't get an adjoining room! Heard everything from the couple next door.... :/
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and myself stayed here for one night on the night of my 21st. The room was presented well however there wasn't much of a view (only the side of a building). The service was great and the receptionist even kindly helped my Partner tie his tie before we left for the night. The room service and food was very nice and arrived reasonably fast. HOWEVER the next day when we were to check out, we were packing up our things and found a pair of underwear under the bed that did not belong to us. Pretty shocking job by the housekeepers which was a shame as we had such an enjoyable stay. We didn't bring it up with reception (as we were too tired from the 21st) and didn't want to ruin our great weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KaiKaiB
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

When I made my original booking on the internet I accidently entered the wrong date.
I was very impressed when a call to the hotel resolved my problem and I received confirmation an hour later. The room was well appointed and the bathroom spacious and modern.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked the hotel for one night and was very surprised by the great location(in the center of Wellington) of this hotel. The room was large and offered a king sized bed as well as lovely view of the city. I highly recommend this hotel to any one who wants a decent hotel in a low price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I got given a grabone voucher for the Abel Tasman Hotel. I was not sure what to expect but this was a great gift utilised. The deal was great and the superior suite room was very comfortable. the bed was huge and the room was very clean. The service at the desk and at breakfast was also very commendable. All around apart from the rain which ruined most of my outdoor plans, this hotel was a fantastic place to stay due to its comfort and location. Note to all not to travel if its windy and rainy in Wellington.

Room Tip: Always ask for a superior room , as its got a huge bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank angel_alexia
Queenstown, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not a flash place to stay. The unit we were in need a good clean. hair still in the shower tray and the bathroom floor. Mould on the walls. It was that bad i really didn't want to get into the bed! Was told it would cost me $10 to park our Motorbike over night but got charged $18 for the night. Credit card Pending charge used which is fine if you use product out of te mini bar etc. Opened the fridge and the bloody thing was empty, work that out! I was starting to wonder if we got put in a room thas not normally used. Anyhow I will not be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AbelTasman169, Manager at Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is very unfortunate that you had a bad stay at the hotel. However I can assure you that our rooms are very clean and a high standard is always maintained throughout all of our hotel areas. It would have been beneficial if you would have reported this incident at reception or had informed any of our staff members here so prompt actions could have been taken to ensure we look after you. We are a 3 and a half start hotel and we do not provide minibar services.

However, our apologies that your stay was not memorable, as we do strive to ensure all of our guests are looked after. A simple call to reception would have sorted everything out as we do take pride in offering exceptional hotel customer services at all times.

Regards,
Asif Chowdhry
Rooms Division Manager

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels