“Good stay”

Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Found a good offer through Expedia and stayed for a few days to explore Wellington. Had a very satisfactory stay - the room was basic, but had everything we needed, spotlessly clean and amazing view over the city. I don't agree with the previous comments about the staff - regardless of any language barrier everyone we encountered, or just walking past Reception, greeted us and were very friendly. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comment on our partner website. We are glad to read that you did enjoy your stay in Leisure Inn Wellington and that you found the room comfortable with a great value for money. At Leisure Inn Wellington, hospitality is our main focus and we particularly enjoy assisting our guests during their stay in Wellington with directions and suggestions.

We would be happy to see you again and I wish your next stay will be as pleasant as this one.

General Manager - Leisure Inn Wellington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hebrew first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were on a short visit for a sports event, so used the hotel as a bedroom only.
The guest lift was out of use for our stay, which was a minor issue, as we could use the staff lift from floor 1. Others may find this a bigger problem.
The location was further out of the action than I would have preferred, a good walk up Willis Street, but this is more than reflected in the price of rooms. Dated - yes, but clean & comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback posted on Trip advisor. I do apologise for any inconvenience you experienced due to our guest lift not being operational, unfortunately due to the festive season the repairs took longer than anticipated.

It is great to hear your feedback about the cleanliness of the room which is something our housekeeping team pride themselves on.

We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to the windy city.

Best regards

Hotel Manager – Leisure Inn Wellington
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked into the hotel I knew it was going to end badly. Could hardly understand the receptionist, the lift was broken so had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the staff elevator with heavy luggage, it smelled like mould. The staff elevator would only come down if I held the button and I was very nervous to get inside of it, especially with the main lift broken. The room was average. Furniture was very tired and worn. We were given a ticket for parking and when we came back our park was taken, talked to a staff member he told us to park next door and as we were the owners son pulled up and said if we stayed there it would get impounded then the staff member told is to park down the street in a taxi stand. I found this unacceptable so we checked out and left. Waited $100 because they couldn't get their act together. Do not stay here

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I sincerely apologise for your bad experience at Leisure Inn Wellington. That said, at Leisure Inn we work hard to continually improve our services and quality standards.

It was unfortunate we were not able to bring the lift back to service during the long week end of ANZAC day and I am sorry that we had no other option than allowing access to the service lift. Our contractor has since repaired the fault and the guest lift is now in working order.

I appreciate your comment about the car parking facility. This shows how important clear communication is. This will serve us in order to improve the quantity and quality of information to deliver to our customers.

We do have limited car parking spaces which are free of charge. As a consequence we may not be completely aware of the current capacities of the car park which is an area we can improve on.

I am sure you will be glad to hear that we are currently working on the coming hotel refurbishment.

Once again, I deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss this should you require, I can be contacted on gmliwe@leisureinnhotels.com or +64 27 470 0040.

I sincerely hope that you will be interested in booking again with us next time you visit Wellington.

Sincerely

Hotel Manager - Leisure Inn Wellington

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 20, 2014

As this is our 1st time to Wellington.Had 2 different booking ask to be on the same floor level and my request was granted but even better right next to each other.Took a cab from the airport to hotel cost me $28.Receptionist gave us a map of Wellington attraction wich was awesome to have especially as we had no clue where to go.Location to me was good, dairy across the road and close to attraction like Wellington cable car/Botanic gardens,Te Papa,and the Beehive all walking distance Wellington cable car took us 20mins max spotted McDonalds along Lambton Quay and Wellington cable car/Botanic garden was right before McDz jst walk up the alleyway or if we kept walking we would reach the Beehive 45mins max it was along the same street.Try Cuba Street shopping strip.Along Willis Street the hotel is on theres Bristro in Willis 5mins away nice place to have a quiet meal their mains $26+ and cold drink very friendly host Tom Stacey the background music was opera.Hotel staff are nice and friendly.The room itself was nice but the bathroom does need abit of a touch up but it was tidy and clean and the bed was very comfortable.Use secure card to enter your room it also has a security peephole and chain inside i felt safe being in my room and having my son in the next room.Has sprinklers and a elevator that jerks once it stops and stairs.The downfall about the hotel to me is that it only serves breakfast.No lunch or dinner or even room service and doesnt have a bar.But the dairy across the road sells beers and wine.Spent 3 night on my Easter break and i would have no hesitation to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Shaggy P
Dear Guest

As a service provider it is extremely rewarding to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
I am sure that your review will help our future customers to book our hotel and enjoy a wonderful escapade in Wellington.

I strongly recommend Wellington as a destination and I believe our hotel has a lot to offer as it is close to every attraction and our guests will find the access to Cuba Street very easy.
We are available 24/7 to assist our guests and to recommend a lot of wonderful places in town for shopping, dining, and experiencing the great Wellington culture.

Do not hesitate to discuss further about events and special address next time you visit us.
See you soon in the Capital!

Hotel Manager - Leisure Inn Wellington
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

the hotel is value for money and doesn't purport to be a luxury hotel, it is fairly basic, similar to a UK travelodge. it is a ten minute walk into town which is OK. there are a number of steps at the entrance and luggage needs to be carried up these. the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alecver
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for your time sharing the experience you had with Leisure Inn Wellington.
We are glad that you found our hotel convenient and that you enjoyed our great location close to Cuba Quarter and main city attractions.

I will share your comment with my team as delivering great customer service and actively assisting our guests is our upmost priority and your feedback is certainly rewarding.
We are here 24/7 to assist you with any hotel needs but also to facilitate bookings of tours and visits, should you require with your next visit to Wellington.

And we are always happy to recommend some of the fantastic restaurants and cafes you can dine in within close proximity to the hotel.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Hotel Manager – Leisure Inn Wellington
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

For the low price you pay, it's good value. It's basic but clean and tidy
It's a 15/20 minutes walk to downtown area but easily done. Plenty of good cafes on the way to stop and take your breath..
Internet is a bit hopeless. When it goes, it goes really well but not reliable and expensive ($30 day). If you're a tourist, there are plenty of cafes and hotspots with free internet in the city

Room Tip: The higher the better and at the back of the building as the front is a very busy road
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on our partner website, Tripadvisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback on our hotel, thank you for highlighting the great value and cleanliness of our rooms.

It is a pleasure to know that you had the opportunity to stop by couple of cafes on the way as Wellington is definitely the capital of Cafes in New Zealand!

We appreciate your comments about our current internet service and are working towards improving this in the near future.

We hope to see you again at Leisure Inn Wellington.

Sincerely

General Manager – Leisure Inn Wellington
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

There were no good vibes about this hotel. The distance from the ferry terminal was a long way. The entrance didn't look like an entrance and we had to lift our cases up the steps. The receptionist was fine although a bit young and giggly. Our room was very ordinary, just a place to sleep for one night and go the next day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your review posted on our partner website. We always consider feedback as an opportunity to improve our customer service and standards.
I am sorry that our location did not suit your requirements. Unfortunately the Ferry Terminal is approximately 15-30min by car or taxi.

Our location is particularly appreciated by customers who want to discover the heart of Wellington and Cuba Quarter. And also by those who look for a hotel offering free parking on site.

I will share your comments and feedback with my team. I do apologise that you had trouble with your luggage if you visit us in the future please do not hesitate to ask for assistance with your luggage.

I hope you do return to experience the exciting refurbishment plans we have in mind for our hotel and we will endeavour to greet you with exceptional service.

Warm regards