As this is our 1st time to Wellington.Had 2 different booking ask to be on the same floor level and my request was granted but even better right next to each other.Took a cab from the airport to hotel cost me $28.Receptionist gave us a map of Wellington attraction wich was awesome to have especially as we had no clue where to go.Location to me was good, dairy across the road and close to attraction like Wellington cable car/Botanic gardens,Te Papa,and the Beehive all walking distance Wellington cable car took us 20mins max spotted McDonalds along Lambton Quay and Wellington cable car/Botanic garden was right before McDz jst walk up the alleyway or if we kept walking we would reach the Beehive 45mins max it was along the same street.Try Cuba Street shopping strip.Along Willis Street the hotel is on theres Bristro in Willis 5mins away nice place to have a quiet meal their mains $26+ and cold drink very friendly host Tom Stacey the background music was opera.Hotel staff are nice and friendly.The room itself was nice but the bathroom does need abit of a touch up but it was tidy and clean and the bed was very comfortable.Use secure card to enter your room it also has a security peephole and chain inside i felt safe being in my room and having my son in the next room.Has sprinklers and a elevator that jerks once it stops and stairs.The downfall about the hotel to me is that it only serves breakfast.No lunch or dinner or even room service and doesnt have a bar.But the dairy across the road sells beers and wine.Spent 3 night on my Easter break and i would have no hesitation to come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of the Cuba Quarter of Wellington, Willis Wellington Hotel is a short walk to local attractions, dining and shopping. Offering 90 well-appointed rooms with amenities and facilities suited for both business and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Willis Wellington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wellington Willis Street Hotel Wellington
- Accor Wellington Willis Street