“First time visit to Wellington.”

Willis Wellington Hotel
Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed April 20, 2014

As this is our 1st time to Wellington.Had 2 different booking ask to be on the same floor level and my request was granted but even better right next to each other.Took a cab from the airport to hotel cost me $28.Receptionist gave us a map of Wellington attraction wich was awesome to have especially as we had no clue where to go.Location to me was good, dairy across the road and close to attraction like Wellington cable car/Botanic gardens,Te Papa,and the Beehive all walking distance Wellington cable car took us 20mins max spotted McDonalds along Lambton Quay and Wellington cable car/Botanic garden was right before McDz jst walk up the alleyway or if we kept walking we would reach the Beehive 45mins max it was along the same street.Try Cuba Street shopping strip.Along Willis Street the hotel is on theres Bristro in Willis 5mins away nice place to have a quiet meal their mains $26+ and cold drink very friendly host Tom Stacey the background music was opera.Hotel staff are nice and friendly.The room itself was nice but the bathroom does need abit of a touch up but it was tidy and clean and the bed was very comfortable.Use secure card to enter your room it also has a security peephole and chain inside i felt safe being in my room and having my son in the next room.Has sprinklers and a elevator that jerks once it stops and stairs.The downfall about the hotel to me is that it only serves breakfast.No lunch or dinner or even room service and doesnt have a bar.But the dairy across the road sells beers and wine.Spent 3 night on my Easter break and i would have no hesitation to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Shaggy P
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest

As a service provider it is extremely rewarding to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
I am sure that your review will help our future customers to book our hotel and enjoy a wonderful escapade in Wellington.

I strongly recommend Wellington as a destination and I believe our hotel has a lot to offer as it is close to every attraction and our guests will find the access to Cuba Street very easy.
We are available 24/7 to assist our guests and to recommend a lot of wonderful places in town for shopping, dining, and experiencing the great Wellington culture.

Do not hesitate to discuss further about events and special address next time you visit us.
See you soon in the Capital!

Hotel Manager - Leisure Inn Wellington

There are newer reviews for Willis Wellington Hotel

Reviewed April 13, 2014

the hotel is value for money and doesn't purport to be a luxury hotel, it is fairly basic, similar to a UK travelodge. it is a ten minute walk into town which is OK. there are a number of steps at the entrance and luggage needs to be carried up these. the staff are friendly and helpful.

1  Thank alecver
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your time sharing the experience you had with Leisure Inn Wellington.
We are glad that you found our hotel convenient and that you enjoyed our great location close to Cuba Quarter and main city attractions.

I will share your comment with my team as delivering great customer service and actively assisting our guests is our upmost priority and your feedback is certainly rewarding.
We are here 24/7 to assist you with any hotel needs but also to facilitate bookings of tours and visits, should you require with your next visit to Wellington.

And we are always happy to recommend some of the fantastic restaurants and cafes you can dine in within close proximity to the hotel.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Hotel Manager – Leisure Inn Wellington

Reviewed April 10, 2014

For the low price you pay, it's good value. It's basic but clean and tidy
It's a 15/20 minutes walk to downtown area but easily done. Plenty of good cafes on the way to stop and take your breath..
Internet is a bit hopeless. When it goes, it goes really well but not reliable and expensive ($30 day). If you're a tourist, there are plenty of cafes and hotspots with free internet in the city

Room Tip: The higher the better and at the back of the building as the front is a very busy road
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on our partner website, Tripadvisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback on our hotel, thank you for highlighting the great value and cleanliness of our rooms.

It is a pleasure to know that you had the opportunity to stop by couple of cafes on the way as Wellington is definitely the capital of Cafes in New Zealand!

We appreciate your comments about our current internet service and are working towards improving this in the near future.

We hope to see you again at Leisure Inn Wellington.

Sincerely

General Manager – Leisure Inn Wellington

Reviewed March 26, 2014

There were no good vibes about this hotel. The distance from the ferry terminal was a long way. The entrance didn't look like an entrance and we had to lift our cases up the steps. The receptionist was fine although a bit young and giggly. Our room was very ordinary, just a place to sleep for one night and go the next day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your review posted on our partner website. We always consider feedback as an opportunity to improve our customer service and standards.
I am sorry that our location did not suit your requirements. Unfortunately the Ferry Terminal is approximately 15-30min by car or taxi.

Our location is particularly appreciated by customers who want to discover the heart of Wellington and Cuba Quarter. And also by those who look for a hotel offering free parking on site.

I will share your comments and feedback with my team. I do apologise that you had trouble with your luggage if you visit us in the future please do not hesitate to ask for assistance with your luggage.

I hope you do return to experience the exciting refurbishment plans we have in mind for our hotel and we will endeavour to greet you with exceptional service.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was indeed a nice place to stay. My expectation for what I've paid was worth it. Upon arrival we are properly greeted by the Receptionist he was nice and very accommodating even though his hair was not that appropriate for it was not tied properly. The housekeeper was good she was very polite and hardworking although I know she was young for the job. She even gave us some tips as to where we should visit while staying in Wellington which was very useful for us because that was our first time in Wellington. I forgot to ask her name but I remembered her with her long pony tailed hair. But I also hope the foods in the restaurant were a bit cheaper for it cost so much and it didn't have more options.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to improve our customer service and our standards. We will review the grooming of everyone and will make sure that Hair is tidy appropriately.

I will share your review with our Housekeeping team. I am sure they will be delighted to read your words. And this will serve as an encouragement to all of us.

At Leisure Inn Wellington both Housekeeping and Reception are happy to help our guests discovering the great places in Wellington.

I am glad to also read that our hotel has a good value for money. We have reviewed our breakfast offer and we do now propose a range of 3 different breakfasts from Express to Full Cooked breakfast with a choice of specials.

We hope that you will decide to stay again with us and that you will give our breakfast a trial.

General Manager - Leisure Inn Wellington

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We booked to stay at the Mercure Willis st Wellington - before we arrived Accor Hotels had sold the hotel and it was renamed as the LEISURE INN Wellington.
When we booked through ACCOR we received a very good cheap rate.
It was pleasing to see that the Leisure Inn hotel honoured the rate that we received through Accor - and did not charge us any more

The hotel is located at the top end of Willis St Wellington - Willis st can get busy with traffic from time to time.

Our room was large and adequate. Please be aware that the rooms are NOT Air Conditioned - heaters are provided when it gets cold.

The bathroom was easy to negotiate and OK

We were provided with a fridge in the room.

The rooms did not have wardrobe (just a closet set up to hang your clothes) and the rooms did not have safes.

The decor was a little bit dated - but pleasant none the less.

The hotel could use a make over.

Breakfast was only a cold buffet

All in all the hotel was OK for our 5 day stay - the staff very friendly and helpful

We would recommend the Leisure Inn as a place to stay - but be aware this hotel is three star hotel - adequate and OK but not flash

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your time and accurate feedback about our hotel services.

You give me the opportunity to answer couple of questions that our customers ask or may want to ask about the transition between Accor and Staywell.
This transition went smoothly last December 1st, Accor and Staywell have worked together in order to maintain both rates and services.
We are happy after 2 months and a half to advise our valued customers that the cooked breakfast is again available on site.

And also that we are about to start the refurbishment of the rooms, corridors and public areas.
As you can guess my friendly team and I are very excited about this new chapter of the hotel.
We would be glad to see you again in a near future and to collect your impression about the services and the hotel itself.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked this while it was the Mercure hotel.Now its a Leisure Inn, a Mercure standard hotel its not Facilities are appalling, no bar, no restaurant, pathetic breakfast option. The moan goes on, no wifi in the bedroom, the room was large but in dire need of a complete restoration job, paintwork dirty & mould in bathroom. Final straw was the very small car park was totally inadequate for our Rav 4, there were single figures number of parking places & we were boxed in by a coach. So please dont stay here unless your only requirement is a comfortable bed

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 68IanM
Nicholas C, General Manager at Willis Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest

I appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to better understand your expectations and needs.

I am glad that you found our bedding comfortable. This remains our first priority as Hotelier.
I am sorry that you did not appreciate the Free of Charge parking facility. Leisure Inn Wellington has a partnership which allows us to increase the parking capacity at night and we have always been able to guarantee availability for our customers from 6pm to 8am.

I recommend our customers to liaise with our Front Desk team to organise this option.
I will of course share your review with my team and with the designer and engineer in charge of our coming refurbishment.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you will be interested in discovering our new hotel soon.