“Amazing breakfast and great service!”

Bolton Hotel Wellington
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
“Amazing breakfast and great service!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location and wonderful staff! I've stayed in many 5 star properties: my Bolton suite was spacious and my high standards were more than met. I stayed for 3 nights and from check-in to check-out had not one complaint; in fact I have only praise for the attentive, friendly staff who embodied a positive 'not a problem' attitude. A highlight was the amazing room service breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
HotelMD, Owner at Bolton Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast service. Our staff work so hard on breakfast service and it is nice for this to be recognised. Thank you for your review.
Warwick Angus - Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

It has been a few years since staying here, so was looking forward to staying this past week for business. Things did not get off to the smoothest start, I dropped my bags off to reception pre check in and came back later in the afternoon to no bags. Had hoped these would have been delivered to the room, but no, and then the search started for them (located after a quick search). That was the only, very minor, blemish on the stay. Service was efficient, room was clean, well stocked with all bits a businessman needs. What really impressed me was the use of the iPad - great for newspaper reading, checking emails etc. I stay in Wellington on a bi-weekly basis and would recommend Bolton as the number one place to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
It is always nice to read comments from return guests and I was delighted that you enjoyed our iPads and free Wi-Fi service. Thank you for your review and comments.
San Francisco
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pleasant surprise all around - this place had high quality all around and was convenient for walking the city (we were there 2 nights on vacation from San Francisco - travelling around NZ) - helpful and cheerful staff, good restaurant, comfy room with nice amenities including functional kitchen and W/D.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your review and favourable comments,very much appreciated.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and i had a flying visit to New Zealand last weekend and stayed for 1 night at the Bolton Hotel. We were very impressed, the rooms were modern, comfortable and the staff were very friendly...we would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated.
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My partner and I were locals at the time of staying here but it was a significant birthday of his that we were celebrating and we wanted to do something special. On check-in, we were offered a reasonably priced upgrade - which we took and was well worth every cent....and the staff were kind enough to send us a bottle of complimentary bubbles for an early celebration.

From what I understand, the iPads in the rooms are a new feature. Like everyone else on here, we loved the idea! They were easy and fun to use, and they really came in handy.

We are vegan and usually find it challenging to order room service in hotels but they accommodated very easily and the food was absolutely delicious. They also provided us with some soy milk for tea and coffee in our room.

I went to the gym in the morning and found the facilities to be very handy and of good quality. It was unfortunate that the sauna wasn't on, but I still enjoyed my workout and a few laps in the pool.

Overall, the hotel was in a good location, the room was spotless and provided us with everything we wanted and more! The facilities were great...the staff was lovely. We highly recommend The Bolton Hotel. In the future, if the price is within our range, we will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: An upgrade to the 1 bedroom is fun and well worth the extra bit of money :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, thank you for all your many comments, they represent everything we strive to achieve.
Central Scotland
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were well catered for and the room was perfect - a small suite to allow room to feel at home. Wellington itself was a revelation, and much is accessible from this location, including the wonderful Te Papa museum and the Sunday market. Thank you, Bolton - we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Top floors are sunny and with great aspects
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated.
Warwick Angus
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in Wellington when this hotel first opened in 2005/6 (seems so long ago) and we first used the coffee bar in the lobby as an unofficial meeting place.

If you are visiting Parliament or any of the ministries or offices at the North end of Lambton Quay this should be your first choice. I lived here for weeks on end back in the day, so I am sure management looked at me fondly, but I never had a single complaint about any stay here.

Room decor was always one of the highpoints for me and I really feel like the value is far above average for the quality of decor and finish.

I think in all the years I have stayed here I've only eaten in the restaurant once, so can't really review that, but the lobby cafe makes some of the best coffee in a city that makes some of the best coffee in the world.

Room Tip: Probably the higher the better for the views, and I like the harbour side. But if you are worried a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, it is always nice to receive favourable comments from return guests. I agree our lobby cafe provides amazing coffee and the ideal place to meet friends or business colleagues.