“Great Location”

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Mill Valley, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We loved our visit to Wellington and our room at the Bolton. The room was very well done, spacious, and very clean. We had wonderful connections with the front desk staff helping us with restaurants and things to do, but for me even more so, they helped me find a great hairdresser. My husband and I had been on the road for nearly a month and I needed this badly. I was so pleased to receive their help and get a most appreciated hair cut and color at Ba Daro with Constantine, just a ten minute walk away to Lambton Quay. The location was perfect for walkers like us who wanted to explore on foot even though we had a rental car. Speaking of which they have a great garage set up so that you can come and go at ease when you want your car to explore. We had four super days and nights here and would return easily.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMD, Owner at Bolton Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your review and many favourable comments. I was delighted to read we had looked after you so well and that you enjoyed your stay and our city.
Warwick Angus - Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Room reminded me of a shoebox in Hong Kong! Very small! But very well appointed with top quality amenities, perfect for business travel overnight type stays. wouldn't want to fit two people in, unless they were petite! Very efficient front desk and best of all FREE WIFI! Top marks nothing worse than that eye-gouging!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and favourable comments. The Bolton Hotel is predominantly a One Bedroom apartment hotel and the room your stayed in, while suitable for a short term stay is a small Studio. We also offer larger Studio's, Two Bedroom apartments and larger Presidential style apartments.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were booked into the hotel for a conference and I had never heard of it, but was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and the staff fell all over themselves to help us. We had a suite which we had our meetings in it was on the 18th floor and suited our group down to the last detail. One of our trustees had been in an accident and the hotel arranged a bed on a trundler so he could lie down in the middle of the room with his broken arm to rest during the meetings. Every meal we had was incredible, the chef looked after all my gluten and grain free requests, adjusting meals if required. Coffee was hot every time it arrived and the rooms were incredible from the suite bathrooms and all the ambiance and design features. Five star but so relaxed and friendly. The toiletries were delightful and I was given a complimentary set of shampoo and conditioner as I left when I tried to buy a spare one.
Can't say enough, value for money for what we would have paid for a conference centre, this was incredible and we were just treated with so much respect and so professionally. I am really proud as a kiwi to have a hotel like this in my capital city. it is really worth booking ahead as I imagine it is really popular as it was pretty full. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was on 16th floor at the back overlooking the motorway and hills it was very private and quiet. T...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, for me it was a delight to read your many favourable comments and I was pleased your group enjoyed your experiences at the Bolton. The room you used for your conference was our Residential Suite and this is becoming very popular for small functions and conferences. Thank you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Travelling with husband and 3 and 5 year old, we stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. The rooms were a good size, main bathroom very large. Room had two bathrooms and great blackout curtains in bedrooms. Room was impeccably clean, staff very very courteous and welcoming throughout the stay. Modern fit out and decor with daily update on what's on in Wellington at lift. Close to top end of Lambton Quay, about 15 min walk to Cuba and 10 to wharf area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stephsydney
HotelMD, Owner at Bolton Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your review and many favourable comments, very much appreciated. I was pleased you enjoyed one of our two bedroom suites, these suites are ideal for families.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and friend in a 2 bed suite - on the plus side we were upgraded to a Presidential suite which was clean, spacious and had a balcony overlooking the main road. The welcome at reception was warm and although technically everything was in place for 5 stars something seemed to be missing. The bar area, for example, was very small and contiguous with the mezzanine restaurant - which was empty on the first night of our stay and booked out for a private event on the second. Our gin & tonics were served with lemon (as opposed to the more usual lime), the pool and spa seemed hard to locate and very small and the service at times seemed a little patchy compared to other 5 star hotels I've stayed at. All small niggles but they add up to the conclusion that I'd save the money and stay somewhere a bit cheaper next time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Love_flying
Thank you for your review and comments, very much appreciated.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. I travel a lot and would regard it as one of my top two experiences because everything down to the little details is covered - from the really useful mini bar that includes toothpaste right through to the extra fluffy blanket on your bed. As a female business traveller it gets all the ticks particularly a good hair dryer and lighting in the bathrooms so you can do your makeup!

Breakfast is consistent, fast, excellent quality and good service. Go for the al la carte as the eggs, bacon and homemade baked beans are well worth it.

Service is impeccable.

The only hotel to stay while in Wellington.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated. You mention you love the Bolton Hotel, I really appreciated that, this means for you we have achieved our goal of making the Bolton Hotel your home away from home.
Spore
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Was at Wellington for a work trip in Apr 2013 and extended my stay for 2 nights for some sightseeing. Stayed at the Bolton and found this hotel very comfortable. The rooms (I took the smallest one) are't v big, but they are all equipped with amenities. The staff at the reception is helpful and friendly and also very obliging. They are attentive to needs of guests which is a big plus. Location wise, it is pretty central and walkable to Lambton Quay, just walk towards the water front. Overall, am v pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: If you'd like a bigger room, Bolton has those that come with a small kitchen.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and favourable comments, very much appreciated.