“Friendly service, great views, handy location”

Bolton Hotel Wellington
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed July 22, 2011

A brilliant boutique hotel just up from parliament buildings. Were upgraded to a suite which was unexpected but very welcome. The staff genuinely seem to care. Great rooms, views and breakfast. Location-wise is very handy for Lambton Quay and a nice 15 min walk to the main entertainment areas. Will only stay here in Wellington in future.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I'm in the accommodation business, and so, I tend to be quite analytical about hotels I stay in. The Bolton is a delightful hotel; the room I was in was spacious, modern in its design and spotlessly clean. The hotel is obviously well maintained with little sign of maintenance being required.

The staff were very efficient and friendly. I had a lovely breakfast but dined out for dinner, so I can’t comment on the evening meal service. All in all a lovely medium sized hotel, that I would be very happy to stay in again.

Room Tip: The suites are were upgrading to !
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Having read the reviews, I expected a lot better than this. A week prior I had stayed at the Langham Auckland which was amazing.
I was given a room opposite the gym door- despite this being THE hotel for our office.
as can be imagined, it was noisy,. I asked to change rooms, but was told they were full.
The room just wasn't cosy at all, and not even modern/business/a bit edgy- just bland.
I had charges on my bill that did not exist. The room service breakfast was just shocking!!
Maybe I just had bad luck on this one, as I can't see how my experience matches some of the other reviews.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at The Bolton. The service was good with the staff friendly and helpful. ONe staff member in particular was very friendly. She was the barrista at the lobby cafe.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The Bolton Hotel is downtown within walking distance to the Train station, many restaurants, the waterfront, the Te Papa Museum, and more. No car or taxi needed for anything. It has a boutique-y, hip vibe-- but not too hip. Just artsy and fun, and very very comfortable. We were surprised to be upgraded to a suite when we checked in, and really enjoyed the comfortable surroundings and city view. We picked it because of the great TripAdvisor reviews-- and they are accurate. Would definitely stay again if we return to Wellington.

Restaurant is a little pricey so we did not eat there. But it looked good!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Bolton Hotel due to flights being disrupted by the Chile Volcanic ashes. The hotel rooms were fully equipped with all amenities but the most impressive part was the staff. When the front manager knew that our group were all vegetarian,she took the initiative to find out about our diet restriction and the restaurant waiter and chef were informed of our requirement. During the stay there, we were constantly pleasantly surprised by what the chef whipped out for us. Eggless Muffin, Lovely Pasta, Rice and tofu just to name a few. Our server, Dusan was always there to greet us with a smile and adjusting the menu to make our trip a very pleasant one. Beside the amenities, The staff at Botlon definitely make it a truly 5 Star Hotel. Keep us the good work!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I’m a frequent business traveler who tries to stay at Starwood properties but they don’t have one in Wellington and so I tried the Bolton. VERY COOL hotel. As a result of arriving on an overseas flight, I arrived to the hotel around 8 am and since my room wasn’t ready yet, they offered me an upgrade to an available room that was an extra NZ$25-$30. What an upgrade – it had a kitchen and business work area which was phenomenal (full kitchen, printer and fax machine in the room). Room was large, new and well-furnished. Wi-Fi and Ethernet in the room were also good. Most importantly, a very friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jelarv
Travelers also viewed these Wellington hotels
InterContinental Wellington
#7 of 47 in Wellington
ibis Wellington
ibis Wellington
#17 of 47 in Wellington

Been to Bolton Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bolton Hotel Wellington

Address: 12 Bolton Street | Lambton CBD, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Greater Wellington > Wellington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Price Range: $132 - $342 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Bolton Hotel Wellington 5*
The Bolton Hotel is the perfect choice whilst visiting Wellington. We’re independent, so unlike a chain we can really look after you, with personalised extras that you may not find in other hotels. We’re located in the best part of the city, close to cafes, shops and restaurants and within walking distance of Wellington’s vibrant waterfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bolton Hotel Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.