“A 5 STAR HOTEL WITH 5 STAR SERIVCE”

Bolton Hotel Wellington
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Singapore, Singapore
“A 5 STAR HOTEL WITH 5 STAR SERIVCE”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Bolton Hotel due to flights being disrupted by the Chile Volcanic ashes. The hotel rooms were fully equipped with all amenities but the most impressive part was the staff. When the front manager knew that our group were all vegetarian,she took the initiative to find out about our diet restriction and the restaurant waiter and chef were informed of our requirement. During the stay there, we were constantly pleasantly surprised by what the chef whipped out for us. Eggless Muffin, Lovely Pasta, Rice and tofu just to name a few. Our server, Dusan was always there to greet us with a smile and adjusting the menu to make our trip a very pleasant one. Beside the amenities, The staff at Botlon definitely make it a truly 5 Star Hotel. Keep us the good work!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I’m a frequent business traveler who tries to stay at Starwood properties but they don’t have one in Wellington and so I tried the Bolton. VERY COOL hotel. As a result of arriving on an overseas flight, I arrived to the hotel around 8 am and since my room wasn’t ready yet, they offered me an upgrade to an available room that was an extra NZ$25-$30. What an upgrade – it had a kitchen and business work area which was phenomenal (full kitchen, printer and fax machine in the room). Room was large, new and well-furnished. Wi-Fi and Ethernet in the room were also good. Most importantly, a very friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jelarv
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed here in March 2011. I have to say it was on a very busy weekend. To me the hotel was ok, but overpriced. The Restaurant was quiet ok for a hotel-restaurant. Next time I would book in advance and try to stay in a nice B&B.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Reviewed May 28, 2011

On arrival into Wellington after the lenghty delay in Auckland domestic terminal it was just a relief to finally get to the Hotel. As a first time guest I was a bit aprehensive when the cab drove through...I thought hmmm interesting??

So I arrive around at about 6.15pm ish Thursday night. And there seemed to be alot of activity in the foyer...taxi drivers etc. It did not bother me, I was just glad to be in Wellington. I was greeted by reception and advised of facilities etc...however did not get asked for a paper or wake call? (not that I needed that)

The room, was one of the best rooms that I have ever stayed in. Clean, fresh, very well positioned, no OTT art work very subtle, I thought the arm chair was a bit dated but hey dont use it right.
Aircondition instructions were good and simple. (not sure tho I got it right)

I popped out to attend a late night meeting and returned at 11pm hungry! SO I ordered late night room service and had the toasted sandwich with fries. On arrival received some serverly burnt panini style toasted sandwich and fries, I ate what I could and just left the rest. I did mention this to Front desk immediately and they were very apologetic, breakfast the following morning...hmmmm Bisuqe on Bolton is suppose to be one the best restaurants in Wgtn. I ordered from A la Carte menu as it was very competitively priced. Eggs bene, with ham. Did not enjoy that one bit. I think I was more embarrassed about not eating it! The service tho, was absolutely amazing so thank you to the front staff from restaurant.
I decided to give the dinner a go after returning from my day, had a drink downstairs in brioche? nice cute little thing....a
Once again, the staff in the restaurant are very good and know there food and wine. My service person, I did not see her name as the restaurant was very dark, I think it was too much, but then again there was no one in the restaurant when I arrived? I did comment and the staff member mentioned that hotel guests do tend to venture into Wgtn City at night for dinner.
Great ENTREE, absoloutely loved, MAIN was hmmmm, politely good flavours but looked like it was run over by a bus. The angus beef was not represented on the plate very well and it looked like to was slaped on and pour the jus over it?
Dessert was DEVINE! thanks for the awesome recommendations!!

SO I left after my meal, and went to my room. I can say that the staff are very attentive, the instructions on transferring movies to your room from the lounge, was a bit confusing however the concierge who apparently was in his first week was up to the task fo correcting that for me.

Overall, great place to stay while in Wellington. I chose this hotel as it was near to where I needed to be for the 3 days I was in Wellngton. The rooms are excellant, great mini bar selection - its nice to more than just alcohol etc. Good to see the power adpator, shaving kits etc.
The service is really, good I was just somewhat disappointed with the restaurant, note I say somewhat the food was good, but not represented well on the plate. (I have taken photos if you want to see)

Thank you Bolton, for a pleasant stay, Keep it up!! I will be back and I will enjoy the service that you are really good for, Awesome !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Canberra
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This hotel is perfect. I wasn't that sure when my cab pulled into the driveway, the reception area seemed unusual, but a polite bellhop who immediately asked if I needed help with my bags (I declined), and a refined yet warm staff member at the reception desk immediately made me feel comfortable. Perhaps I'm so used to hurried service in Australia, that I get overly impressed by New Zealand finesse...

Admittedly I booked the cheapest room available, and my expectations weren't high.

In short, this hotel is perfect. Large rooms with kitchenette. Very reasonably priced. Spotless. I mean absolutely spotless. Beds better than those 'dream beds' at the Westin in Melbourne. I want to keep the pillows. Most notably, free wireless internet that's fast. The Intercontinental wants NZ$40 per day for internet on top of their already much heftier room rate. I can't see what they could offer over and above what the Bolton served up, although I should give them a chance to wow me.

I'm looking for something to fault this place, but I can't find anything. The staff certainly make for excellent ambassadors for their beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KarangeMan
Sydney
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was so sad to leave my lovely bed behind when I returned home. Not to mention the amazing views over the gardens and quaint bolton st cemetery. This hotel is not cheap but it is great value nevertheless. The rooms are both comfortable and beautifully decorated, the staff are efficient and discrete and I only wish there was a Bolton in every town!

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We chose a room overlooking the Botanic Gardens for our four night extended long weekend in May 2011. The room was very quiet and peaceful (unlike our previous experiences in other hotels in Wellington). The staff were friendly and knowledgeable but not intrusive. The kitchen in our room was well equipped. We enjoyed some delicious meals from room service on a couple of the nights during our four night stay. We walked to all the shops and attractions such as churches, museums and galleries we wanted to visit. We will stay at the Bolton again and would recommend it to anyone wanting a 4/5 star experience in Wellington

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple