“Another Memorable Wellington Restaurant”

Charley Noble Eatery & Bar
Ranked #42 of 1,007 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Charley Noble - a smart, casual eatery & bar, showcasing wood-fired cooking, local ingredients, natural wine and craft beers is open for both lunch and dinner. Charley Noble features a Zesti wood fired char grill and rotisserie. Diners can experience this first hand as the eatery has an open to view kitchen where people can see their food being prepared from their dining table. Charley Noble showcases the best in locally sourced, healthy, organic and sustainable food. The menu has something for everyone but of special note is the seafood bar which has a choice of freshly shucked Oysters and Crudo of kingfish, tuna & salmon. And that's just for starters!For the meat lovers the wood fired grill & rotisserie offers up organic cuts of aged, pasture fed and grain fed beef. There's also a full range of other options including chicken, pork ribs, and crayfish all cooked on the wood fired grill & rotisserie.While it is a seafood and meat heaven, there's also plenty for vegetarians as well as a wide selection of salads, pasta and lighter meals. There's also a bar menu where one can watch the food experience while sipping on a craft beer or organic wine and sampling small delicious plates. Charley Noble Eatery and Bar, Post Office Square, Wellington. Walk in for lunch and dinner from 11:30am Monday - Friday and 5:00 Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

During our two stays in Wellington, we ate at a lot of restaurants, and many of them were good. However to remember them all would unduly tax my aging brain. So, I'll only review the few that, for one (good) reason or another, were memorable. We found Charley Noble to be sophisticated, but friendly. The facility was attractive, and the service was good. Most important, the food was excellent. My wife had a pasta dish with oxtail ragout, and I had fire grilled vegetables with Israeli couscous and goat cheese. Both dishes were small but spectacular. The wine list was excellent

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went to Charley Noble for an end of year work lunch. The food, service and venue were all good. This will be added to my list of venues for entertaining clients.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went on a very busy Friday night and was seated promptly right at the kitchen bar.
The food was fantastic, we had the beef and ale pie and prawn pasta. It's not a huge menu but more than adequate for us.
Their wine list was however huge and we found two lovely NZ wines to devour.
Reasonably priced and local to the Hotel intercontinental.
Highly recommended.
Paul

1  Thank Buster953
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I will be back to try the dinner menu but was disappointed with the pricing of lunch. It may be that this place has been created by the Whitehouse, but it is not deserving of Whitehouse prices.

I bought the top end steak, $48, that came with no sides, so an extra $6 was forked out for some decidedly average chips. Total price of just the meal, $54. It was an average steak, you'll find better quality with sides around town (try Juniper) for a lot more reasonable pricing.

Other than that the restaurant was great, service was excellent, and I had no complaints. I just think over priced for the meal. Like I said, I will try dinner.

WhiteHouseRestaurant, Owner at Charley Noble Eatery & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I read your review and was sorry to see that you hadn't enjoyed your lunch, that you thought the steak was over-priced and the chips average. Had you informed us at the time of your disappointment with your lunch we could had tried to fix things for you. We try our best to ensure all of our guests leave happy and like to know when things aren't right. Yes our beef dishes are the most expensive on the menu - our other mains are all under $30 compared to the White House and our entrees are under $20. There is a lot of choice for our guests that want a less expensive lunch. We serve a 500g ribeye steak that has been aged for 30 days and is cooked over the wood fired grill. It is a large serving of beef and we offer a range of sauces and condiments with it. The fries for $6 are hand-cut, par-boiled and then fried twice to get the optimum crunch. We are pleased that you are going to come back for dinner, please make yourself known to the staff as I would like to come over and say hello. Regards Paul Hoather, Executive Chef and owner.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My partner took me out to Charley Noble for the first time to celebrate a birthday. The whole evening was excellent including the ambiance, food and service.
It was the first Sunday in the new year so we while the restaurant was moderately busy we did not have to wait. The bruschetta made a good starter and then our two mains being the pork and the lamb dishes were succulent dishes with good servings. We complimented it well with the roast pumpkin. The lemon tart and the ice cream desserts also come recommended.
The evening was complimented by excellent service from our friendly and engaging waiter Dan.

We'll definitely be back when the opportunity arises.