“Very Good!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Very Good!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love the food, staff, environment and everything in here! I come to new Fortuna restaurant with my friends or others for yum cha can say nearly every week or second week from Lower Hutt. The most important thing to attract me is their friendly service and they always remember my special needs. Every time when I go there, I do not need to have to ask the extra special tools and sauces which I need them every time, they just ready for me, and I feel like they really treat me and my friend special.
Highly recommend all my friends and family to here, and I can not stop to go there all the time if have chance. Thanks lots! x

Betty Song

• Visited January 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“"Disappointed"”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I and friends dined here on New Years Eve. The food was tasty, but the service we got between getting each of our meals was very poor. Our friend was half through his meal when I eventually got mine, and I had just about finished my meal when my Husband finally got his, having to prompt a waitress to find out how far away it was. They did apologize but was not really acceptable. The restaurant wasn't full either. We weren't approached to see if we would like to order dessert, in which again I had to distract a staff member. When they did bring us the menu, after sometime they didnt return, I had to distract a staff member again!!!
The staff members were very friendly, but they need to improve on getting their meals out on in a better time frame. I dont think we will be returning to this restaurant again.!!!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jane A
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Chinese Restaurant in Petone”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This the the former Pearl Restaurant. Under new ownership. We have eaten Yum Cha here on numerous occasions, but never had the urge to write about it. Having spoken to the new owners who promised changes, and boy have they done what they said they would. The menu remains basically the same but the quality of food is now amazing.
I must admit that we are Yum Cha fans and have eaten in most of the Wellington establishments. And the New Fortuna stands out for us as one of the best tasting Yum Cha Restaurants around.
They are also changing the decor as they go.
The service was great, one of the stand out things with service for us as Kiwi's was that we were treated equally. A big plus.

• Visited October 2013