See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Rawhiti B&B in late October 2005. It was a wonderful experience. The location is perfect for a view of the city and the harbor. Annabel is a wonderful hostess and it was a wonderful experience. We had come to Wellington to visit my son who lives in there. I highly recommend the Rawhiti and we will return I feel certain. It was exactly what we needed after a long flight from the U.S.

Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Justinsmom
Reviewed November 7, 2005

My friend Angela and I stayed at Rawhiti for two nights Oct '05. Elegant house and hostess. Nice breakfasts with good conversation. Panoramic views and easy access to city centre via nearby cable car.

We would certainly stay at Rawhiti again.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank mrdecta
Reviewed September 15, 2005

My husband and I arrived toward evening after a LONG drive directly from the Bay of Islands--we could not have asked for a warmer welcome or more relaxing atmosphere after our trip.
Rawhiti is situated in the charming area of Kelburn in the hills above Wellington--which makes the view from almost every room spectacular. From our bedroom, we could look out over the city, the ocean, and Victoria University and its playing fields, and watch the weather roll in and out.
Just at the end of Rawhiti Terrace, perhaps less than a minute's walk, is the Botanic Gardens and cable car into the city (three to four minutes and you're deposited right in the center of Wellington). We never felt far from the action, but it was nice to return to such a peaceful setting at the end of the day.
Our room (one of two guest rooms) was elegant yet comfortable, just like the rest of the house. And Annabel was the most gracious host we stayed with in New Zealand. She has a knack for putting you perfectly at ease, and for striking a balance between being attentive and giving you complete privacy. (She also does laundry, which is great if you're on an extended stay in NZ.)
Of the many places we stayed in New Zealand, both on the North and South Islands, Rawhiti was our hands-down favorite. When we return, we're looking forward to trying out different hotels in Auckland and other areas, but we would never dream of staying anywhere else in Wellington but Rawhiti.

• Stayed: November 2004