“Good food, great service, well priced”
Review of Lazeeza - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nelson, New Zealand
“Good food, great service, well priced”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were taken here by our daughter who is currently a university student studying in Wellington she had been there before with a friend. What a lovely place the Mediterranean food was great and service was awesome. The restaurant has a really nice ambience too. Two of us chose the lamb tangine which was delicious and my husband enjoyed his chicken dish. Plenty of yummy desserts. We will be back! Very handy location and a good selection on the menu.

• Visited March 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice food - good service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The four of us ate here for around $213 including 2 bottles of Chianti - we all enjoyed our various courses and found the service was very good. Will definitely return to have a coffee and cake as they looked great - just not enough room.

Visited February 2014
Pune, India
“Superb food - helpful staff - good ambience”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Its right in downtown and simply superb food. Meat was superb - I have travelled Gulf as well and I can vouch it to be truly authentic.
Nice desserts too ..

Visited January 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great! I love this restaurant.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've tried their snacks and dinner. On both occassions, I blown away by the deliciousness (what a fitting restaurant name - ‘Lazeeza’ meaning ‘delicious’ in Arabic) and presentation of the food. I didn't take long to get our orders. I just love their food!

The staff were also very friendly and polite. The arrangement/decor and the well modulated music makes for great ambiance where I can have a chat without having to shout and enjoy my food, at the same time.

I'll definitely go back and try their brekky.

And of course, most importantly, they're really great value for money!

• Visited January 2014
Wellington
“Has potential”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a delicious lunch today and tried the chicken skewers, hummus and tabouli and steak sandwich. We were told we had to wait 30 mins once we'd ordered as the kitchen was "slammed". Yet most of the tables around us had eaten.anyway we were ok with waiting and food and presentation good, despite having to return chicken as undercooked so wasn't worth the risk! I'm not sure if holiday staff were on but there was no sense of order amongst the ranks and no initiative displayed by the staff. We had to basically jump up and down to ask to order and then get water and then ask for more. The manager looked stressed but did apologise to us as did two of the wait staff.The restaurant was very busy and had a chance to capture the Welly market but fell down on service. A shame as the counter food and menu are excellent as is the awesome array of Lebanese/Turkish/Greek food. If this place gets the right management with the right staff who are trained properly, it has potential. It has already suffered a bad review in the DomPost and has been open for some time but will close if it doesn't put the effort required into running this business well. Location great but lots of competition. I will give them another chance as they do deserve it.

• Visited December 2013