“Yummy food, friendly staff!”
Review of Mama Brown

Mama Brown
Ranked #213 of 979 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

There is a very casual vibe but that's not a bad thing. I took my parents and partner here and everyone said the food was delicious and we all had a lovely time :) I wish it was byo then I would be here every weekend!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Mama Brown catered my 3 year old’s birthday party which we held at his pre-school. The management was very accommodating with my menu requests (e.g. I asked for mini scones which hadn’t been on their menu for months and for the chef to cut down the spices on their meatballs etcetera) and I was ecstatic with the result. The 30 school kids, who are by far the pickiest eaters known to man (and come with allergy and dietary restrictions on top of their discerning palates), polished off 11 large platters of meatballs, chicken kebabs, scones, pikelets and brownies in about 2 seconds flat. I had been worried that they wouldn’t eat the food because we weren’t serving them typical party food (e.g. white bread with hundreds and thousands on it), so I think it’s a real testament to the quality of Mama Brown’s food that the kids gobbled up such (relatively) healthy fare. My favourite was the brownies, they were sensational, and the staff said it was the best party food they had ever tasted. In fact, half the staff and parents were muttering about making plans to dine at the restaurant in the near future because they were so impressed with the food. I highly recommend Mama Brown catering because I found them to be professional, flexible, reasonably priced and most importantly, produced excellent food!

1  Thank Rosanna R

Hi Rosanna,

Thank you for the kind words. Kids are a different breed but we love nothing more then to please the Mini Chiefs. The joy on there faces when they like food is worth us making the effort! Glad you enjoyed, hope to serve next year's birthday party now! :)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent service, fantastic meal - just the right portion size. Coffee was lovely and the biscotti was the best I have ever tasted! The staff really make you feel at home here and nothing is a problem.

Hi there,

Thank you for the kind words, we do make an effort. The staff love it when its appreciated and noticed. Its team work at Mama Brown. The biscotti is the bomb, esp when its complimentary on a windy Wellington day! :)

See you again soon. :)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Iv been here four times now, each time the meals have been amazing!! the small plates were jam packed full of flavours and the buttermilk chicken on savoury waffles is so different and delicious its my favourite! Loved the new addition of the airline seating. Thanks for a wonderful night, ill be back!!

Hi Alice

Thank you for the kind words. Airline seats are the bomb, whoops shouldn't use that in the same sentence! :) See you again next week. That waffle and southern fried chicken dish is WOW! :) Excellent choice.

The team sends you a big high five! :)

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

You can't wrong with anything on the menu here at Mama Brown's. We keep coming back and don't get disappointed no matter what we order. Nice touch having the air New Zealand seats installed as well, we truely felt like we were eating first class.