“Tasty lunch”

Mama Brown
Ranked #205 of 916 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wellington, New Zealand
“Tasty lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner and I went here for lunch in the weekend. The place wasn't very busy. I got a trim flat white, which came out in a nice big mug and with a biscotti. The man got a chocolate brownie milk shake, which has a large amount of chocolate brownie mixed into it! Delicious but definitely not for those watching their weight! I got the spicy fish taco and the vegetarian taco. I preferred the vege one, it was lovely and spicy and the mushrooms were delicious. My partner got the beef slider, which he didn't really enjoy (left half of it) and a beef taco, which he loved. We will definitely be back. Good for people who don't like the prentiousness of Sweet Mother's Kitchen.

Visited January 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst breakfast ever”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Buttermilk scone was dry and hard, tasted like it was about a week old - inedible. The scrambled eggs were microwaved (!) to within an inch of their life - they were rubbery, gluey and flavourless. When I said what I didn't like about the meal we were given a voucher for 25% of our next visit. That was insulting. There will be no next visit.

Visited November 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Relaxed but professional”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a Grab One voucher and visited as a family and enjoyed our visit. The quality of the food was spot on, the range of drinks wide and carried appropriate recommendations given many are not local brands. The staff were attentive and constructive in their comments and recommendations. We will definitely return

• Visited January 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Looking for a drink”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Called into Mama Browns just for a hot drink. Staff unfriendly didn't seem happy that we only wanted a hot drink. The drinks were made super fast & lukewarm. We didn't see any meals come out in our short stop so can't comment on them.

• Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Busy, friendly and fast service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Mama Brown's based on the reviews on Trip Advisor.

They had a grab one deal going at the time so that was perfect. Two breakfasts and two drinks for $25, not a bad deal.

Google had them opening at 9am, but when I called to check that that were open (it was during the Christmas break and a lot of places were still closed), they said they weren't open until 10am. So we waited a bit and got there just 1 minute after 10am. There were already a couple of people there before us so we knew this place must be popular!

We ordered the breakfast burrito and the kids pancakes, with bacon and banana and a hash brown. I wanted a side of the kumara pasta tatties but they had run out of kumara due to the busy Christmas season. We ordered our coffees but a few minutes later the barista came over and said they had run out of decaf, so had to have a chai latte instead. No biggie.

The waitress was quick with our drinks and menus, and the cutlery came out shortly after. The food was delivered shortly after the hot drinks, and all in all from order to delivery of everything to our table it took about 15 minutes. Great service. The place was pretty clean too.

More and more people kept pouring in, and by the time we left at 1040am the place was getting very busy with only a few empty tables.

The food was great, the service awesome, the price was good - nothing over $22. I would give this 5 stars if they had the kumara tatties and the decaf coffee but as they didn't I'm giving it 4. Free parking outside for 2 hours on a Sunday - perfect.

Would definitely go back, and I hope that if you go you enjoy the food as much as we did.

Visited December 2013