Tripadvisor
Wellington
Post
Inbox
Search

“Fantastic lunch stop, tres bien!”
Review of Cafe Breton

Cafe Breton
Ranked #181 of 1,139 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved it! Terrific choice for lunch, from pies and quiches to croque monsieur to crepes to French onion soup. So hard to choose. Our family of four all loved their tasty choices. Lovely friendly service too. Combined with very reasonable prices and this place is a real winner. Already talking about going back!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (136)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Glorious combinations of fillings - I had the goat cheese, walnut and honey crepe, which included generous quantities of local ingredients

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

I stopped in here for an early lunch. They have a great selection of crepes and galettes to choose from along with a number of other dishes. I had the La Bergere and it was excellent, very well presented and tasted very good, it brought back fond memories of my holiday in Brittany. The coffee was also very good, it was a bit stronger than I was expecting but I liked that. Overall a very enjoyable meal

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

I have been there a few times for crêpes and it was fine. However, their pastries were served badly burnt and was covered heavily with icing sugar to hide it. I would not go there again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Near to our hotel and we sampled lunch of French Onion soup which was authentic and tasty. Our desert of a tartlet was OK and our coffees were of good standard. Overall a good experience and reasonable value.

Date of visit: December 2019