Tripadvisor

Ombra
Ranked #36 of 1,125 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a Venitian inspired bacaro (Bar and Restaurant), serving traditional and modern Italian sharing plates.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food with really helpfully friendly staff. The restaurant was full when we arrived but the servers didn’t lose interest in us and made us feel really welcome until a table was ready

1  Thank Gavinrowe
Write a reviewReviews (879)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did a tour of the restaurants in Wellington, and this was my favorite. New Zealand/Italian fare, really great but small selection of food and drink. Totally easy to get a gluten free dinner. I got the citrus salad and the lamb, and I almost cried when I tried the lamb. It was the most tender and flavorful lamb I’ve ever had. I almost licked the plate dry of the rich and unctuous sauce. The ambiance was great, for a romantic dinner, single diner, or friends alike. Open kitchen with smiling chefs was a bonus. My neighbors got the meatballs and the smell was amazing. Hoping to go back again and again to try everything!

1  Thank emilittleteapot
Reviewed January 14, 2020

We had a delicious bruschetta and tiramisu for a great price. The service and atmosphere was superb and we will definitely go back soon.

1  Thank Conorwallison
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We loved our visit to Ombra. We live in London and with quite a few options for Venetian tapas, we wondered how it would shape up. Well, we loved it. The parpadelle was cooked perfectly, every dish was tasty, well presented and served with a smile. Prices were fine and the restaurant had a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend.

Only criticism is the roasted potatoes were just potatoes wedges and not crispy. I was expecting crispy roast potatoes. Stick them in the oven on a higher heat for a bit longer and you’re there!

Don’t worry about booking if you don’t mind sitting at the bar like we did. They save 50% of tables/ bar space for walk ins.

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Great staff, great management, very nice atmosphere and the food is absolutely delicious!!! Definitely recommend

1  Thank Elimagnif