“Listen to the reviews and don't go there - seriously!”
Review of Steer & Beer

Steer & Beer
Ranked #631 of 946 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went here last night as a group of 4 for the "all you can eat ribs" night at $25 per head. It was actually terrible. The waitress spilled a beer all over us and our iphones / table / clothes to start with but everyone makes mistakes which we completely understand. We all went for the ribs and the first batch were cold and not very nice at all and the "potato whip" that it was served with was awful - im not sure if potato can actually go off but it certainly tasted like ours had. Then we waited 20 MINUTES! for the next batch to arrive. Clearly it was a tactic for us to up and leave but when we complained they advised they would be "5 MINUTES" we waited, got another batch and then decided to leave and NEVER COME BACK AGAIN. Service was bad, food was worse, and prices are steep for what you actually get. SEE YOU LATER STEER AND BEER!

There are newer reviews for Steer & Beer

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I thought I would try the ribs at the newish Steer & Beer.

The restaurant was only about a quarter full with 4 waiters - so not busy. The ribs were dry and tough, and the special mashed potatoes weren't special.

I was not asked if I wanted another drink when I had finished and the requested desert menu never arrived.

When I paid, I wasn't asked how my meal was but the manager said "see you again soon". No, you won't.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had dinner here a couple of weeks ago as we had a 2 for 1 voucher! The service was terrible from the moment we walked in the door, we were told we had to sit at the high bar stool tables as there were only 2 of us and the tables/booths were only for guests of 3 or more (needless to say the tables remained empty the entire time we were there) We had a young female serve us who was terrible at her job and more interested in serving(or should i say flirting with) a table of young guys ! Any time we wanted to order we had to call out to her to get her attention as she went by us. My partner ordered the steak and i regrettably had the lamb, the lamb was so chargrilled all you could taste was burnt chargrilled-ness and could not even tell it was lamb(even tho the menu states it is cooked med to rare, the chef needs to go back and learn the basics of cooking meat as mine was served very very well done), my partner tried some and said for all he knew it could of been steak it was that unrecognisable. As for the rosemary gravy that was meant to be served with it who knows where that ended up as it definitely wasn't on my plate. Needless to say if 1 of our meals hadn't already have been free (our 2 for 1 voucher) i would have refused to pay for such a shocking meal! If you want an expensive meal, that will leave you disappointed and bad service then i recommend this place to you... if not then i would not eat here!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Perfect with the kids before a movie - great service & food. Warm, relaxed atmosphere and decent wine selection. The staff were very attentive & asked what time our movie we were promptly served, fed and finished within the hour required.

1  Thank Rohini M
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place seems to do a brisk business, so seemed a safe bet for a reasonably priced meal. Somewhat disappointingly, it was not great food nor great value. My friend had a so-so sirloin and I had a somewhat dubious burger. The so-called "steer burger" seemed to have more cereal filler than beef, and the combination of toppings and sauce, although piled to an impressive height, was rather unusual and not particularly tasty. Beer selection was good, but a bit overpriced for this kind of joint. Service friendly. All-in-all, nothing special, and not likely to get a repeat visit from me.