“Great value tucked away bar”

Rogue and Vagabond Craft Beer Bar
Ranked #154 of 931 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great value tucked away bar”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Last night my partner and I enjoyed a meal here. This bar is tucked away by Glover Park and you could easily walk right past it if you didn't know it was there.

We really enjoyed our meal here. The bar has a fun vibe and I am told by my craft beer loving partner that the selection of craft beers on tap is excellent.

The food is really good value. We had curly fries and one pizza between us (which was HUGE) and we were very full afterwards. This is a great place to go during the day to enjoy the sun or is handy to visit before an evening show.

When we left there was a band setting up so I suspect this is a fun night time place to go to.

We also liked how the owners bull dog was able to wander around and play with the diners.

Do try it.

• Visited October 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Dog friendly AND people friendly”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Have been here a couple of times since it replaced the last bar. Really enjoy the atmosphere, there was a great wee band playing on Saturday night and people dancing and having a great time, the place was packed! Bruce the bouncer (bulldog) likes a cheeky wee pat, and you can apparently take your own pooch. My partner and I plan to head back to try their tuna melts, the fillings look tasty, and reasonably priced!

• Visited May 2013
wellington
“Wellington's Newest Craft Beer Bar - a hip and happy space”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'll tell you about it, but don't go there because I don't want it getting crowded! The Rogue and Vagabond is a huge improvement on the TAB bar that used to occupy this site in Glover Park, just off Ghuznee Street and a mere skip from Cuba. The bar is spacious and airy with an assortment of seating, and it also has an outdoor area so you can drink your beer and survey the park. The bar is run by a young couple (and their bulldog) who are dedicated to good beer and promoting local talent in the form of artists and musicians. The decor is warehouse meets woolshed meets weird - I enjoyed the mannequin with the lamp sticking out of its head. There are several beers on tap, and I tried at least three, all of which were well kept and very tasty. The other ladies enjoyed a couple of different types of pear cider. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and (the mark of a good craft beer bar) offered tastings of any unfamiliar beers. The toilets were very clean, and I had a giggle when I apologised to someone when I bumped into them in the corridor, only to realise it was me in a wall of mirrors. Perhaps one too many beers? We didn't try the food as we were going on to a leaving dinner, but the fare on offer is toasties and pizza. I'll be back!

• Visited March 2013