“My poor dining experience”
Review of Thai on Tory

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai on Tory
Ranked #692 of 921 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Thai
Wellington, New Zealand
“My poor dining experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

New restaurant - had a Living Social dinner coupon - had rude, rude dining experience. When I went to order, waitron told me that I couldn't order the fish as no seafood allowed with the coupon. I pointed out that when I purchased the coupon it did not state that no seafood was allowed or even that there was a selected choice of menu items. The waitron continued to argue saying it was a mistake and telling us that we had to sort it out with the vendor not the restaurant. Despite our explaining to her the restaurant's legal obligation to us and if there had been a mistake, it was not ours to correct, she would not allow us to order seafood.

After much arguing, she gave up and allowed us to order squid rings for our entree.

What did this cost the restaurant in goodwill? I can't begin to calculate. What did this cost the restaurant to allow us to order seafood? Maybe $4.

The food was ok, the food presentation magnificent, the service - I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THERE AGAIN. I will not be treated like this by anyone.

• Visited May 2013