“Folks, this is real family style Mexican food”

Viva Mexico Taco Shop
Ranked #170 of 1,006 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We're not talking the usual American chain restaurant Mexican food. The closest I've come in the US was a great place in Palacios, TX and a high-end place in Santa Fe. The shop is tiny. Same menu for lunch and dinner. I had the pork taco, soft, wonderful flavor. One was fine for lunch, you might want two or three for dinner. My spouse had the Huarache with green chile sauce. Well cooked and tasty.
Beautifully presented with black beans and side salad (two types of cabbage and shredded greens with vinegrette).
This is in the Left Bank area off Cuba Street, a cultural experience in itself.
I wish I'd run across this a month ago, but I still have 2 months here to savor all their offerings.

1  Thank madcatneal

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Such a small restaurant but was busy all the time we where eating. The food seemed very authentic and all of us enjoyed our food and liked that the staff asked us if one of our party liked hot food (ordered the red sauce). Also try the chilli beer you will love it.

1  Thank Geraint J
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a meal here with a friend. Service was fast and the staff helpful and nice, however the meal was a bit of a let down. All tasted similar and did not look very appetising. Maybe not my style of food. Very good prices though, great for a cheap meal.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a great meal here with some friends and will have to come back as it was fantastic. Food, service and atmosphere were superb. The price is also very reasonable.

1  Thank Phillip B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were staying on Cuba Street and had seen a few Mexican places, but as everyone has a dodgy mexican story, I decided to check Google first.
I entered 'best mexican wellington' and was overwhelmed by reviews for Viva Mexico.
We were meeting friends on Friday night and started with a few drinks at Matterhorn, we started thinking about dinner options and I mentioned this place and said it was on Left Bank, our friends said it was just around the corner so off we went.
We found that on Friday's there is a night market on Left Bank and the place was packed. We found Viva Mexico and a busy but friendly waiter told us it'd be a 10 minute wait to seat us, given the good reviews, we decided to wait.
We were seated promptly and given cute menus that matched the portrait hanging above the door. The girls went for tacos, the guys for quesidillas. Both arrived shortly after our mexican beer (they serve three, including Corona, but we asked the waiter for his preference, which was lovely). The food was amazing. Authentic, simple, and extremely tasty. Our almost three-year-old son devoured my chicken taco, refusing to give me any, and I had to order more!
This isn't a flashy place, just a perfect place - great food, good service, cheap prices.

3  Thank VP85