“Great Service”

Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went here for brunch last weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was a problem - they checked in to make sure the meals were good. My husband had the breakfast special which was great value for money although it would have been nice if he was asked how he would like his eggs and a second slice of toast wouldn't have gone amiss. I had the fish and chips - very generous serving, fish was slightly dry however the fantastic batter made up for it - yummy! Would recommend this place to others as overall it was a very good experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Tuesday night is steak and a pint for $20 so pretty popular. Huge steak with chips, egg and coleslaw. Terrible table service sadly - our 5 x pints kept being forgotten so turned up just before the food, then nobody came back to get another order for drinks so they missed out on the upsell of drinks where I assume they make all their money with these deals.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our first visit to this restuarant since its take-over some time back. Strangely enough it was packed - perhaps it was just us who ordered the "wrong meal". They were running a special of $20 for a steak or salmon and a drink - we both ordered the steak.....unfortunately. It was almost inedible. I would go so far as to say that it was made up of mostly gristle (and I am being kind here). Yuck. The chips were ok...the coleslaw was average. We had calamari for starters - this was excellent and prawns (definately pre-bought from Moore Wilson). Will we go back? No. Why the place was full - have no idea.

And lastly, the waitress came to our table and said "What do you want?". No "Hello, my name is .....and I will be your waitress for the evening...blah blah..."

At your own peril.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had no booking on a Monday night, and they were as busy as could be - but they fitted us tired travellers in, and we had good meals for a reasonable price. And excellent service. It might be a pub, but do not be put off - they deserve your custom!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was our last night in Johnsonville and wanted a simple pub meal for dinner when we spotted 1841 Bar Restaurant on the net.
Although the online menu was still showing a Christmas Buffet Menu (in March), we thought the simple menu suited us and that we would give it a try.
Walking in we noticed there were several 'areas' setup for patrons - including outdoors.
We were asked if 'the stage' would be OK, which had 4 or 5 tables setup on it. As it was actually a stage, probably for performances in the bar, it is slightly elevated.
Service was quick and efficient.
I ordered the Honey Glazed Kau Kau Salmon and was just in heaven eating this dish.
I think 'Kau Kau' relates to the nearby Mt Kau Kau. The Salmon was cooked how I like it - a little undercooked right in the middle.
The Hollandaise and Rocket Pesto added a great flavour sensation.
My wife ordered the Pan-fried Chicken Breast and she thought it was divine.
The salad was very fresh and the Rosemary Potato's were yummy (I nicked one to try).
The Mushroom Sauce was exactly what the Chicken needed to complete the flavours.
Having spent 1.5 weeks travelling up until then, we both agreed that this meal was the best of the trip.
Very reasonably priced and great service.