“Excellant Seafood Chowder”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Beach Cafe
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch here while on the Kiwi Coastal Tour excursion. The service was excellent and the serving size was generous. We were there in the early afternoon and the place was almost empty. My wife had a chicken sandwich and wasn't able to finish it because the serving was so large. The view was excellent and the owner showed us video of some humpback whales that had been taken a few weeks earlier just across the beach from the restaurant.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had lunch here before setting oof on a walk to the Red Rocks. The food was delicious - sea food chowder for me, pancakes,maple syrup, bacon and banana for him. There were a few flies around but that seemed to be in alot of places we visited by the sea. The views were great.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I did the walk from Days Bay to Eastbourne with great expectation of seeing some great eateries and shops. We were so disappointed and would not recommend that you bother. Don't eat at this cafe as it is not only has a rather dingy decor but the food was really poor, very mean with the ingredients and expensive. We chose to have what was already made up in the cabinet for lunch, a chicken wrap and a salmon turkish. There was hardly any salmon mostly tomato and cheese and a little greens and very little chicken in the wrap mostly mashed up vegies. The coffee was strong and bitter indicating lack of cleaning of the expresso machine.

1  Thank Pamela528977