“Pleasant, convenient and good value”
Review of Cafe Pasha

Cafe Pasha
Ranked #116 of 917 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Turkish, Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Pasha is an authentic Turkish restaurant that make delicious meals with fresh ingredients and spices. For over 24 years, this family owned restaurant has been serving up Turkish dishes to Wellingtonians. With a complete BYO Wine option and online specials, the team at Cafe Pasha are happy to help your group enjoy a piece of Turkey right in the capital.
New Zealand
“Pleasant, convenient and good value”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I nearly always eat at Pasha once every time I am in Wellington and this review represents those meals I have eaten there over a period of years.

The food is Turkish in style but there is a good variety and it is not like the small cafes and booths that can be the feature of Turkish establishments. My favourite is a barbeque lamb salad which has never disappointed. They are also flexible and if you want some adjustment to what you order, in my experience this hasnt been a problem.

The staff are pleasant and arrive promptly to take orders. The meal wait is reasonable so if you are heading off somewhere else with time restraints (as I sometimes am, to a show,) it isnt an issue.

It is BYO and a lot of the time I take a bottle but sometimes I order off the drinks menu, as I did this weekend. Wine by the glass is pretty much average price for Wellington (I think I paid $7 for a glass of pinot gris).

Sometimes there is entertainment which I didnt expect and actually would have preferred not to have as I was with friends and we wanted to talk. I think a lot of the diners enjoyed it however. (a belly dancer). In all the times I have gone it was just the once but may happen more at certain times of the year.

The price of mains at the moment is around $25 (some more, some less) and that is adequate. There isnt a large range of desserts but I usually have some Turkish delight and coffee but there are some other treats for the hungry. I believe they have minimum spend equivalent to a main at weekends. ( There are a cheaper range of entrees and breads and dips. - we have eaten some of these too and they were good.)

Being slightly off Cuba Street Pasha somehow has a less frantic feel than some of the places on Cuba sometimes have so it is a good place for talking over a meal.

• Visited May 2013

Calgary
“Nice little gem in CBD”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We loved this restaurant. The food was so good and the service was great. What a nice selection - we had a hard time choosing. Prices were quite reasonable and it is BYO. We started with the calamari and it was so good. I highly recommend this for either lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Stratford, New Zealand
“Great food but slow service.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The food was great. There was a wide selection of Turkish food on the menu. The ambiance is quite nice and the prices were pretty standard. The only down side was that the waiter spent more time on his laptop than serving the customers.

• Visited October 2012
“Great food, real people.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

It is one of my fav place in Wellington.
Fresh and tasty food, friendly and helpful staff. My favorite dish is lamb salad. Extremly recommended. Also baklava recommended to desert lovers.

Caloundra, Australia
“Interesting”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We found this cafe full of ambiance...the food was excellent and different and great value.

• Visited February 2012