“I expected more!”
Review of Big Bad Wolf - CLOSED

Big Bad Wolf
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Big Bad Wolf is a unique Wellington food experience, right in the heart of the CBD. We are Wellington's first dedicated charcuterie, making all our charcuterie products in an open to view kitchen at 262 Wakefield St. There are many ways to experience the wolf; either take home from our shop, or enjoy our relaxed bistro dining and let our chefs make you something special. Bon Appetit.Open hours: Tue&Wed 9am-3pm, Thu&Fri 9am-late, Sat 10am-late, Sun 10am-3pm, Mon closed.
“I expected more!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been in past and enjoyed it so decide to take a friend. Had bacon and egg role.

I expected way more bacon for a meat specialty cafe and egg was hard as a rock and coffee tasted burnt.

As most love this place maybe I just got wrong day or needed to order different but not sure a would try again as felt would have got a better tasting bacon roll a a takeaway chain for fraction of cost and thats saying something.

I think more places need to think would I be happy to be served and pay that?

BigBadWolfNZ, General Manager at Big Bad Wolf, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We too expect more of ourselves and sincerely apologise for what has obviously been a less than Big Bad Wolf experience for you. Thank you for alerting us to your concern and we take this very seriously. Please contact us either by email or phone and allow us the opportunity to put our best paw forward.

“Pig Lover's Paradise!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you love pork, you should come here. Come here in a group, and that way you can share platters to start off your meal. Went with a group of 3. We had 1 Sausage Platter, 1 Charcuterie Platter, 2 Pork Sandwiches and a Pork plate. Everything was good. Just one problem, I wish I had more pork crackling.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mhsiong
“delicious pork sandwhiches”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been here twice now, purely to grab a roast pork sandwich on the run. They are delicious and definitely shouldn't be missed.

Visited July 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“A house made of straw with pig sausages!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

An excellent spot to pick up gourmet treats and here stores of how pigs were treated like kings before being made into sausages!

Come in during the week for lunch, be early, for delicious hot meat sandwiches washed down with local beer.

• Visited November 2013
“Wellington's Special Secret”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I'm not going into details about what we ate - it's all a blur of delight! The weather was cold and blustery, the welcome was warm and homely, the food was simply magnificent. Big Bad Wolf is inexpensive (for fine dining) and discreet, quiet and simple. The decor doesn't overwhelm the menu and there's a sense of pride in the quality of food from the waiting staff and the kitchen. They're dying to please you and they succeed.

If you're in this marvellous little capital of cuisine, take your friends to dinner here. You'll love it.

• Visited May 2014