“Good food with reasonable price and fast service... loved it”
Review of Aroy Thai

Aroy Thai
Ranked #76 of 979 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was great, the service was very fast compared to other restaurants and the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My grandma used to cook chop suey (stir fry veggies in oyster sauce) and fried chicken on weekends and that's what it reminds me of. I love that most of the dishes are only 12 dollars nz since everything in wellington costs so much compared to eating in North America. I love their char Kuey tow (flat rice noodles with soy sauce) also. I come here about once a week to get some homey type of food so I don't get so homesick. I don't like the glaring fluorescent lights in the Courtney place location though (but this is the one I come to often), but there's not enough lighting on the Cuba street location.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a fast food place it is pretty tasty and very Thai. It's a chain restaurant but depending at the location the food favors could be different. They don't follow recipes. That was the case with the tum yum. I recommend the Cuba street one

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great authentic tasting Asian food. Is made very quickly and very well worth the money! Not expensive

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My partner arrives in Wellington in 3 weeks and she loves Thai food, so I've been trying out various restaurants around town to find the best ones for her. So far, this one is the clear winner. The restaurant feels welcoming even before you walk through the door. The waitstaff were happy to answer questions about the food, and the prices were very reasonable. After ordering, we went to our table and our food was served in less than 5 minutes. The food was superbly cooked, well spiced and plentiful. Oh, and it was delicious! We tried 5 different menu items and every one of them was a winner. The question isn't whether I'll be going back - it's when.