“Fix your wine list please”
Review of Zico Cucina & Bar Wellington - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I love this place, but the wine list is dull.
I understand you wines from Italy but where is the top end options? None!
I'm happy to buy and spend on top wines. When you have just average wines - I spend much less.
Otherwise great place to eat

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We ate here before going to see Hugh Laurie. When I booked I told them we were going to a show and they made a note to ensure we were out in time.
We started with the bruschetta which was nice.
I had the Duo de Carne - lamb cutlets and beef with vegetables. The meat was perfectly cooked and the beef had a wonderful flavour. The veggies were capsicum, mushroom, tomato and courgette. It was served with a wedge of lemon which I squirted on my lamb - delicious.
My partner had the veal stuffed with cream cheese and spinach which he loved.
We decided to have dessert and were not disappointed. I had the tiramisu from the specials board while my partner had the banana mousse crepes. Both were delicious.
We also had a rather nice bottle of wine.

The service was very good. Friendly but professional with just the right amount of attention - we were not pestered every couple of minutes, nor were we asked if the food was okay after just one bite as happens in some places.

We chose this place because it is in the Entertainment Book (buy one get one free on mains) but will definitely go back even without the offer.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Pasta and sauce was excellent, meatballs and garlic bread were pretty average. Wife loved her main meal.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had dinner here one night while staying nearby. Very good service, and an excellent range of italian food available. We really enjoyed our meals, which were well prepared, and tasted freshly prepared. Recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

With respect to those other reviews i found the staff to be fantastic but the pizzas were decidedly average. I have my own wood fired oven at home and spend a lot of time trying to perfect the craft of pizzas and therefore also go out of my way to find places that are recommended. Just not impressed and in fact very disappointed.