“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portlander Bar & Grill

Portlander Bar & Grill
Ranked #26 of 904 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, New Zealand
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In a relaxing and friendly environment we invite our guests to revel in all the freshness and goodness our little slice of the world provides. PORTLANDER Nestled in a spot where land meets sea, the Portlander is a unique take on the grill house concept - one which is local, seasonal, cultivated... and just a little bit wild. We're about superb cuts of meat, prepared to perfection and finished in style. Bloody rare and rather well done - it's the ideal place to eat meat and greet. PORTLANDER is the proud winner of 'BEST RESTAURANT' at the Hospitality New Zealand Awards for Excellence 2015
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Upon arrival at the Portlander Bar & Grill, I found the atmosphere warm and pleasant, and the wait staff were all very personable, knowledgeable and made us feel very welcomed.
My wife and I had the Wakanui Sirloin Steak, I like mine medium and she likes her medium rare. Both our steaks were cooked to perfection. I also had the hand cut fries and they were massive, but delicious.
The service was extremely prompt and we could have a conversation with a normal tone of voice.
My experience was a wonderful one and I would definitely return.

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Seabeck
“Excellent food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food was excellent at the Portlander. Perfect steak and the biggest fries I have ever seen. The prices are high and the portions rather small. The staff seemed a little young and uninterested in what they where doing.

Visited July 2012