“Now I know”

Ranked #25 of 45 Coffee & Tea in Wellington
New Zealand
“Now I know”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First time I have been to Starbucks and fortunately I have managed to avoid it for my past 60 years on earth.
Not only was the coffee terrible but it came in a clunky mug. Anyone who knows the slightest about coffee knows that it only came in a mug in the 1960's. Time has moved on.
Service - what can I say - there wasn't any, unless you call some guy with a mesh tray collecting crockery as soon as the coffee attempt was finished.
But then the main reason I went there was because I was starving and desperately needed to eat. Just looking at the cabinet food it was obvious that none of it was very fresh so I should not have been surprised that my slice of banana loaf was so stale it was actually crisp on one side. They asked if I wanted butter and my reply was yes. So I was given something called a spread which had soy and other ingredients. I was expecting butter.
NOt one good thing to say about this place and I wont be going into another of their stores for another 60 years

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank poohtravel

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Spacious two storey café”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I start all my Starbucks reviews like this – the food and drink is all the same - that’s why I go there! As such, I will only mention the quality of the food and drink if it is unusually good or bad. Generally, my review will focus on the atmosphere, location, layout and staff quality.
At first glance this Starbucks is a little café by the side of a shopping mall entrance. There is seating outside for those who want to brave the elements, and a few stools along the inside of the windows. The counter area is uncluttered, but there doesn’t seem to be much room for customers. Tucked at the end of the ground floor are the stairs leading to a spacious and very comfortable seating area on the 1st floor. The area is a perfect space to enjoy a coffee. A big plus is that during my visit they were offering free internet access with each drink purchase and it was a good speed too.
Starbucks in Lampton Quay was an excellent and very comfortable café, right in the heart of Wellington. Recommended.

• Visited May 2012